As someone whose last Nintendo console was an NES, Wii U is a trip.

#1DisastersaurusPosted 6/20/2014 7:17:48 AM
You guys...it's a pretty trippy experience.

It just so happens my first Wii U game has been New Super Mario Bros U, and it's kind of blowing my mind.

I know there have been very varied Marios - Paper, Galaxy, Sunshine, etc - between the NES and now, but since I haven't played them, it's basically been going straight from SMB3 to NSMBU for me.

And let me tell you, it took me a few stages to discover the spin and the butt smash and they blew my mind. Not to mention all the new suits [Ice? Flying squirrel?!] and having an inventory of power-ups!

This is a dumb post I know but I just wanted you guys to know I'm living in a very strange world of nostalgia and newness that's extremely fun and strange for me.
---
video games are for children
#2TullyBlanchardPosted 6/20/2014 7:18:31 AM
k
---
PSN and Nintendo Network ID: Dagatassy
#3Disastersaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 7:20:23 AM
TullyBlanchard posted...
k

---
#4gotsporkPosted 6/20/2014 7:21:21 AM
cool!

but smb3 had the inventory, too
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#5SSMajinVegeta2Posted 6/20/2014 7:21:32 AM
Nice man. Glad you enjoy. Now go pick up Galaxy and 3D world!
---
I would , i'm one of those guys that would bend over backwards for someone i love-TheRatedR_Viper
Would you bend over forwards?-1337toothbrush. Ngg ((:
#6Disastersaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 7:23:32 AM
gotspork posted...
cool!

but smb3 had the inventory, too

Oh man, I forgot about that. Been like fifteen years. Thanks for reminding me.

The spin move's still a trip, though. I'm still figuring out what it's for besides bashing blocks from above.
---
#7Disastersaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 7:24:07 AM
SSMajinVegeta2 posted...
Nice man. Glad you enjoy. Now go pick up Galaxy and 3D world!

Yeah, they're on my list. Right now is NSMBU and Luigi U, then comes Wonderful 101.
---
#8DinglesteedPosted 6/20/2014 7:28:29 AM
Disastersaurus posted...
You guys...it's a pretty trippy experience.

It just so happens my first Wii U game has been New Super Mario Bros U, and it's kind of blowing my mind.

I know there have been very varied Marios - Paper, Galaxy, Sunshine, etc - between the NES and now, but since I haven't played them, it's basically been going straight from SMB3 to NSMBU for me.

And let me tell you, it took me a few stages to discover the spin and the butt smash and they blew my mind. Not to mention all the new suits [Ice? Flying squirrel?!] and having an inventory of power-ups!

This is a dumb post I know but I just wanted you guys to know I'm living in a very strange world of nostalgia and newness that's extremely fun and strange for me.

Congrats :D

I couldn't imagine NOT having a Nintendo console. Say what you want about them, but you can't deny they have the absolute best first party games. And that alone is what keeps me buying :D
---
Playing: MLB 14 (PS4), Forza 5, PvZ: GW (XB1), Mario Kart 8, MH3U (Wii U), Euro Truck Sim 2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#9Disastersaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 7:29:33 AM
Well, I don't touch consoles much. I grew up on Unreal Tournament and Starcraft and kind of have been a PC gamer ever since. I had an Xbox 360 but the Xbox One and PS4 don't impress me at all so I thought I'd grab a Wii U.
---
#10ALCPosted 6/20/2014 7:42:01 AM
Good choice. I'm primarily a PC gamer, myself, and I've always had the current Nintendo home console and portable. This combination has never let me down.
---
3DS FC: 2723-8991-1322
I play Pokemon X & Y; add me for friend safari!