Honestly how hyped are you for Amiibo?

#101Lefty128kPosted 6/21/2014 2:01:14 PM
Baha05 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Is an e-card a full-on molded plastic toy?

No.

No, but you can consider them to be toys, Pokemon cards also had e-card reader strips on them for mini games. The fact is the concept behind Skylanders isn't new, hell things like ROB can be considered a toy. You can't make the claim that they are late to the game with the concepts behind Skylanders was around longer then Skylanders was.

The 'Norda TV Game H-925' was an old 1977 console that came with a "light" gun and two shooting games. That gun is as much a toy as ROB, more so since a child could actually hold it and use it themselves. So I guess Norda beat them all to the punch.

Yup, Nintendo is ripping off Norda with their ROB, Lightgun, and other interactive toys.

Or maybe I'm talking about plastic toys that load a character into a game like Skylander, Infinity, and now Amiibos.
#102Baha05Posted 6/21/2014 2:03:27 PM
Lefty128k posted...
The 'Norda TV Game H-925' was an old 1977 console that came with a "light" gun and two shooting games. That gun is as much a toy as ROB, more so since a child could actually hold it and use it themselves. So I guess Norda beat them all to the punch.

Yup, Nintendo is ripping off Norda with their ROB, Lightgun, and other interactive toys.

Or maybe I'm talking about plastic toys that load a character into a game like Skylander, Infinity, and now Amiibos.

Then everyone is ripping that off, because again the concepts behind suck products are still the same, a toy that in some way interacts with the game, it can be MANY variations, including allowing the character to be in the game.

Something the Kinect did with it's stuffed Animals game, and something that well Amiboo really doesn't do at this point.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#103NovaLevossidaPosted 6/21/2014 2:03:38 PM
Baha05 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
It really is late to the game, and to do so with less selling points than upstart competitors have isn't a boon. Doing e-cards way back in the day doesn't make their current idea look better than it otherwise would have.

Except it's not, as Disney Infinity 2.0 is coming out, they are making new Skylander games, so really far from being too late, and I only bring up e-card reader as a past example, because the concept behind Skylanders isn't new.

I would define being late to the game as arriving after the genre leader is releasing its fourth game and its upstart competitor is releasing its second. Tragically late if you want to think they stole ideas from the e-card reader, but that's just a case of something similar existing (and not being nearly as good).
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#104Baha05Posted 6/21/2014 2:07:39 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
I would define being late to the game as arriving after the genre leader is releasing its fourth game and its upstart competitor is releasing its second. Tragically late if you want to think they stole ideas from the e-card reader, but that's just a case of something similar existing (and not being nearly as good).

Yet we don't know how this is going to sell or when the craze ends, that is how you really determine it in this situation because this is the sort of thing that is more fad in nature, that can last stupidy long or could die within the generational period.

The point being is they are far from late for this and the Amiibos still are also at this point very different in the design of how they mainly work for games as a USB, where Skylanders and Disney Infinity work both as DLC and USB (I think anyhow, I remember Skylanders hsaving that ability for cross use)
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#105NovaLevossidaPosted 6/21/2014 2:30:02 PM
Nah. When a company like Disney which generally only makes licensed games jumps on the bandwagon before a software giant like Nintendo, that's late. If MS or Sony come up with their own things (although I suspect they won't), I'll call that even later, but late is late.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#106Baha05Posted 6/21/2014 2:31:09 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Nah. When a company like Disney which generally only makes licensed games jumps on the bandwagon before a software giant like Nintendo, that's late. If MS or Sony come up with their own things (although I suspect they won't), I'll call that even later, but late is late.

Whatever you say then.
---
#107OfficerJeffreyPosted 6/21/2014 2:32:02 PM
I voted 7, like, I'm hyped for them but not in any hurry. I still need to save money too.
---
Oh he so Pringles where yo curleh mustache at!?
#108StickMen1090Posted 6/21/2014 2:35:59 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Baha05 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
It's just a me-too copy of Skylander and Infinity.

But that's par for the course.
Nintendo copies nearly everything, and steals it when they can't invent it.

E-Reader plus differnet uses are different, so far all of them do different things, and hell I am oretty sure Kinect Animals or whatever it was also similar, not one company owns the idea of Physical DLC after all

Physical toys.....check
Interact with software.....check
Nintendo late to the game......check

Skylanders is just a single game Amiibo's are meant for multiple games so right there its a lot different... and the uses are a variety depending on what game you choose
---
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014
#109cyanide_suicidePosted 6/21/2014 2:36:53 PM

Completely neutral. It may be cool, it may be a complete ripoff. It's too early to tell exactly what Nintendo will do with them.
#110R_HunterPosted 6/21/2014 2:38:18 PM
Can ya'll...I dunno...not feed Lefty?
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board