be careful with hyrule warriors

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 6/20/2014 5:44:49 PM(edited)
dynasty warriors series is known as "the game people rent and not buy" due to the repetition of its gameplay. its a gameflaw flaw, one the legend of zelda series hasn't had much of an issue with. even though zelda is usually always great or downright amazing one or the other, dynasty warriors is usually a game to avoid or only use gamefly for. use caution. it even looks repetitive from gameplay videos. sure it might look awesome to you, but how long have you viewed footage of it for? theres many hours of footage on youtube from e3, watch all of it and give me your new reaction.
#2dancing_cactuarPosted 6/20/2014 5:41:52 PM
I've played and enjoyed games equally or more repetitive than what I see, so I think I'm good.
---
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real- Jaden Smith
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 6/20/2014 5:43:12 PM
If the game sells well, I think it will be on brand power rather than any strength of gameplay or game design. It's disappointing that so many people are avid for it just based on the brand association where they have never played a DW game before, but I suppose that speaks volumes to why it was a smart venture for Nintendo and Koei.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 5:43:16 PM
dancing_cactuar posted...
I've played and enjoyed games equally or more repetitive than what I see, so I think I'm good.

at a discounted price right? dynasty warriors has been known to get fast price drops. im not expecting hyrule warriors to be 50 dollars digitally, we'll have to see. i wouldnt be surprised if its 40 and slashed down to 30 or even 20 within 5 months of being in stores.
#5ArabrockermanXPosted 6/20/2014 5:43:18 PM
Wasn't planning to buy it from the beginning... The enemies seem too easy to kill(who gives a crap about all those enemies if they don't even put up a fight?) and I have yet to hear anything good about DW games...
#6ArchsazePosted 6/20/2014 5:43:33 PM
I respect your advice. However, with all the fan service in the game, and I am indeed a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, I will be purchasing.
---
The wall dividing life and death...it is so thin. It's protectors so few, but for so few, such terrible strength do we possess. - Galahad, The Order 1886
#7Crystal_DreamPosted 6/20/2014 5:44:53 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
dancing_cactuar posted...

at a discounted price right? dynasty warriors has been known to get fast price drops. im not expecting hyrule warriors to be 50 dollars digitally, we'll have to see. i wouldnt be surprised if its 40 and slashed down to 30 or even 20 within 5 months of being in stores.

Maybe so, but personally, DW games usually lasts me long enough that, even at full price, it's worth it to me.
Then again, I usually play DW games with friends, and without GC controller support, I can't see that happening with this one.
---
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili
#8Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 5:46:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 5:59:30 PM(edited)
Archsaze posted...
I respect your advice. However, with all the fan service in the game, and I am indeed a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, I will be purchasing.

those are the ones who should be the most careful, zelda fans who arent as interested in dynasty warriors gameplay. its not as good as zelda. and its more advertising for koei than fan service. they are trying to broaden their appeal or reinvigorate their dynasty warriors brand probably.
#10terrancejonesPosted 6/20/2014 5:48:16 PM
I can respect it looking too easy. I can even respect the players that said the demo WAS too easy.

Just please keep in mind that it was likely Meant to be easy, for the players at the demo. The Treehouse guy showcasing the game however, actually was doing not that good. Hahaha, funny to say, but I found myself screaming at his lack of mob priotorizing. (sp?) I think that even if it was meant to be easy, (if it wasn't just the demo) the guy still got overwhelmed.
---
If people want the Wii U Cheaper, and the cost of the White model is already the price of the 3DS XL, are they saying they want it the same price as a 3DS?