The Metroid Prime series, is basically Super Metroid, but in 3D

#1HermeticJusticePosted 6/20/2014 7:56:58 PM
Play a Metroid Prime game, and play Super Metroid, and not counting all the advanced functions (such as scanning and using the spaceship) you'll find both games are very similar, especially when adventuring
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#2KungFuPhilPosted 6/20/2014 8:01:11 PM
I love the Prime series. I felt like Retro Studios did an amazing job reimagining the Metroid series in 3D. With that said, I feel like each of the Prime games had a fault. For example, the first game had an awful late-game where you had to fight these pirate ghosts in every-freakin'-room. Metroid Prime 2 was more frustrating than it needed to be and Metriod Prime 3 was a little too combat heavy to my liking, especially because the combat is pretty flat in the Prime series.
---
PSN: Moar_Shtick
#3Citan22Posted 6/20/2014 8:04:23 PM
i think that was the idea TC.. it's kinda like how OoT is LttP but in 3D.
#4HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 8:11:46 PM
Citan22 posted...

I see some people think the two are completely different types of games but in fact they are very similar
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#5MetroidJunkiePosted 6/20/2014 8:15:01 PM
Fans were worried that Retro would turn the series into a first person shooter since they were a western gaming company and you know the reputation those have. Thankfully, Retro went out of their way to avoid doing that. That it's similar to Super Metroid just means they did their job, at least it doesn't come off as a first person shooter with Samus slapped over it, trying to capitalize on multiplayer.

Like the Prime game that Retro Studios ironically didn't have a hand in.
#6Megamushroom666Posted 6/20/2014 8:49:22 PM
Citan22 posted...

---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#7Darkflame411Posted 6/20/2014 8:51:14 PM
While I agree I just don't enjoy the first person perspective in a game like Metroid. It's why I could never get into prime despite loving the 2d games.
---
3ds friend code: 1865-0040-6914
#8strongo9Posted 6/20/2014 8:58:36 PM
Wait a moment. Do you mean to tell me that one game in a franchise is similar to another game in the same franchise? Geez! Who would have guessed? You're a pretty intelligent guy, huh TC?
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce GT 540m
#9HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 9:00:05 PM
strongo9 posted...
Wait a moment. Do you mean to tell me that one game in a franchise is similar to another game in the same franchise? Geez! Who would have guessed? You're a pretty intelligent guy, huh TC?

some people tend to forget this

there are tons of games, where outside of lore, are completely different going from 2D to 3D
---
#10StarmanJunior64Posted 6/20/2014 9:16:11 PM
why was this topic made?
what purpose does it have?
why is it here?
---
Playing: Tales of Phantasia (SNES), Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS), and Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)