Overall which do you prefer, 2D games or 3D games.

#1HermeticJusticePosted 6/20/2014 8:26:27 PM
Pick one: - Results (73 votes)
2D
41.1% (30 votes)
3D
58.9% (43 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I enjoy the concepts in 3D games better, unfortunately 3D games don't seem to take advantage of these concepts, which ironically 2D games, which are more limited, tend to take care of better.

Overall, the 2D games I played are much better than the 3D games I played.
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#2imameliaPosted 6/20/2014 9:37:31 PM
2D, which makes me a sad, strange little man when I'm looking for games to play in 2014. I feel like most 3D games end up ruining the experience in some way, whether it's by having a wonky camera, shoddy controls, too much backtracking, or design that makes it too easy to get lost. I've had some of those problems on occasion with 2D games as well, but not to nearly the same extent.
#3imameliaPosted 6/20/2014 9:37:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Run_2_the_HillsPosted 6/20/2014 9:40:18 PM
overall 3D. fighters gotta be 2D though.
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 6/20/2014 9:42:03 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
overall 3D. fighters gotta be 2D though.

^ That, plus Sonic works a lot better in 2D.

On the whole, I really enjoy 3D games more, and 2D just seems so oversaturated with platformers to the point where I've just lost interest in them.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#6NihiloExistantPosted 6/20/2014 11:38:04 PM
3D. My first console was the Nintendo 64, so my first gaming memories consisted of a primitive 3D space that entranced me in spite of its limitations. I still enjoy many 2D games, but I can't help but find something inherently superior according to my own understanding about manipulating characters within 3D environments, although I realize that this is just my own intuition speaking to me and for the most part isn't objective.
---
--
A void, the proud and sinister dream of being nothing, of being always something other than I am.
#7kobalobasileusPosted 6/21/2014 12:40:29 AM
imamelia posted...
2D, which makes me a sad, strange little man when I'm looking for games to play in 2014. I feel like most 3D games end up ruining the experience in some way, whether it's by having a wonky camera, shoddy controls, too much backtracking, or design that makes it too easy to get lost. I've had some of those problems on occasion with 2D games as well, but not to nearly the same extent.

If you feel sad, just go to GOG, Desura, or Steam, download some cheap, low-power-requirement Indie games, and play them on your PC.

It's ironic that the most powerful platform is the one most commonly used to play games that look 8-bit or 16-bit.
#8sumostickfigurePosted 6/21/2014 1:00:11 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
It's ironic that the most powerful platform is the one most commonly used to play games that look 8-bit or 16-bit.

Probably because it is also the least powerful. The 8 or 16 bit games can also be played by those who don't have a PC built for gaming.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#9STN79Posted 6/21/2014 1:06:56 AM(edited)
I was playing games back when the very idea of a 3D videogame was nothing but make believe. I'm obviously more fond of the 2-D stuff but i've enjoyed many 3D games as well. I really can't choose just one. Both have their merits.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#10DuranMan1Posted 6/23/2014 10:35:45 AM
I'd have to say 3D gets my vote, surprised it's this close though
---
PSN: DuranMan1 - NNID: Duranman - 3DS FC: 4983-6166-9895
Now Playing: Pikmin 3, Pokemon Y, Ni no Kuni