Playing which games or kinds of games qualifies you as a "hardcore" gamer?

#1robulastagePosted 6/23/2014 3:52:46 PM
What games make someone a casual versus a hardcore gamer, and vice versa?
#2smoky820Posted 6/23/2014 3:54:13 PM
the kind you enjoy playing
---
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.
#321_21Posted 6/23/2014 3:54:24 PM
Games like Dark Souls.

Also, it's more of a quantity. If you pretty much play games as your primary hobby, that's enough to be hardcore.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Shin Megami Tensei IV
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#4SharmHedgehogPosted 6/23/2014 3:54:46 PM
I really define it as having a diverse taste and playing a wide variety of games of many different genres, systems, and creators.
---
"Seriously, Who in the hell is 'Draven?' (Sounds like a draggy crow.)" - David Hayter
#5BurgerTime79Posted 6/23/2014 3:55:53 PM
Oh not this **** again...
The definition changes depending on who you're asking, and who it's being aimed at.
---
According to my workplace, you can threaten managers with a box cutter and keep your job. WTH is wrong with this company?!
#6xavierakanePosted 6/23/2014 4:00:08 PM
Casuals to me are people that play sports games and console multiplayer FPSs. Hardcore gamer is someone that plays multiple games including RPGs. Pretty much any game that someone will invest time rather than pass time.
---
NNID: xavierfranco
Can't we all just get along?
#7InnerSolacePosted 6/23/2014 4:01:12 PM
I don't think being a hardcore gamer has anything to do with the games that you play, specifically.

For me, a hardcore gamer is someone who spends most of his or her time gaming, and has spent countless hours upon hours doing so. He or she lives to game, basically. He or she always tries to do as much as possible in whatever game he or she is playing, and plays the hell out of them. Literally spending hours gaming each day (like 5-6 hours, at least) is what defines a "hardcore gamer," to me; someone who spends more time gaming than anything else.

Kind of like me. I consider myself to be a hardcore gamer, and I have always considered myself to be, ever since I was much younger. Gaming is how I spent most of my days, and it's still that way even now.

Casual gamers are those gamers that only play games every once in a while, and don't really worry too much about having so many different games to spend so many hours on.
#8Krampus617Posted 6/23/2014 4:07:23 PM
InnerSolace posted...
I don't think being a hardcore gamer has anything to do with the games that you play, specifically.

For me, a hardcore gamer is someone who spends most of his or her time gaming, and has spent countless hours upon hours doing so. He or she lives to game, basically. He or she always tries to do as much as possible in whatever game he or she is playing, and plays the hell out of them. Literally spending hours gaming each day (like 5-6 hours, at least) is what defines a "hardcore gamer," to me; someone who spends more time gaming than anything else.

Kind of like me. I consider myself to be a hardcore gamer, and I have always considered myself to be, ever since I was much younger. Gaming is how I spent most of my days, and it's still that way even now.

Casual gamers are those gamers that only play games every once in a while, and don't really worry too much about having so many different games to spend so many hours on.

This guy gets it.
#9EzioAuditore947Posted 6/23/2014 4:12:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10vattodevPosted 6/23/2014 4:13:44 PM
IMO a hardcore gamer is someone that is not afraid of trying every game genre. It's about gaming, not filling roles. Most hardcore gamers I know followed many trends in their lives. Most usually had a shooter trend, a strategy trend, a RPG trend, an action trend and even a browser trend. IMO those guys that actually know how each game can be fun are the hardcore gamers.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121 (Safari: Panchan, Machoke, Riolu)