So basically, people don't want the Wii U due to the lack of third party games?

#11XRay2984Posted 6/25/2014 4:35:15 PM
That's a big factor. There are also those who just want to see Nintendo crash and burn - too bad they'll be waiting a long, long time.
---
"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."
3DS FC: 3909-7604-9701
#12JobocanPosted 6/25/2014 4:53:35 PM
Why should the Wii U have third-party stuff when everything else is getting it all, including the last-gen consoles? There's no reason for the Wii U to have everything that all the other platforms have, instead just get another platform or 2 to go along with it. At the moment a PC renders the PS4 and Xbone redundant (and will continue doing so for a while until ), while nothing renders the Wii U redundant since its games are on nothing else.
(note: I have a PS4 and plan on getting an Xbone when Scalebound comes out)
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#13ShibutoPosted 6/25/2014 4:58:29 PM
Apparently thats what people want...more 3rd party games for the Wii U when there's 3 platforms having the same 3rd party games.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#14Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2014 4:58:31 PM
Jobocan posted...
Why should the Wii U have third-party stuff when everything else is getting it all, including the last-gen consoles? There's no reason for the Wii U to have everything that all the other platforms have, instead just get another platform or 2 to go along with it. At the moment a PC renders the PS4 and Xbone redundant (and will continue doing so for a while until ), while nothing renders the Wii U redundant since its games are on nothing else.
(note: I have a PS4 and plan on getting an Xbone when Scalebound comes out)

Because people want third party multiplats. All you need is a good marketing plan, a good system, and big and good games. The PS4 has a better third party lineup, and it'll probably decimate in 2015. But hopefully the Wii U can survive. Nintendo needs to give people what the PS3/PS4 + 360/X1 offer, big games that catch attention.

While the Wii U has no problem with 1st party games, but it can't survive on just that.
#15ShibutoPosted 6/25/2014 5:00:47 PM
Diayamondo posted...
Because people want third party multiplats. All you need is a good marketing plan, a good system, and big and good games. The PS4 has a better third party lineup, and it'll probably decimate in 2015. But hopefully the Wii U can survive. Nintendo needs to give people what the PS3/PS4 + 360/X1 offer, big games that catch attention.

While the Wii U has no problem with 1st party games, but it can't survive on just that.

It has survived with better 1st party games for many years so no you're wrong.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#16InfinityOver0Posted 6/25/2014 5:01:42 PM
yeah. apparently those ppl are too stupid to realize nintendo is the best there is at what they do, like it or not
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#17Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2014 5:03:39 PM
Shibuto posted...
Diayamondo posted...

It has survived with better 1st party games for many years so no you're wrong.

Yeah, for other consoles, maybe. But that still doesn't"t change the fact that people want third party games. And the PS4/X1 will deliver in that.
#18Raddy8Posted 6/25/2014 5:07:54 PM
Lack of third party (which should only matter if someone can only afford to own one console), and graphical power. So many love to jump all over graphics for any game, even pointing out the most minute differences with ps4/xb1 games. So Wii u isn't worth it to a lot of those people.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#19StriderVMPosted 6/25/2014 5:08:04 PM
If I want to play third party games I'd use my PC, can't beat $1 humble bundle stuff. :)
---
Hope for the Best. But expect the worst.
#20Ryan SiPosted 6/25/2014 5:47:39 PM
Jobocan posted...
At the moment a PC renders the PS4 and Xbone redundant (and will continue doing so for a while until ), while nothing renders the Wii U redundant since its games are on nothing else.(note: I have a PS4 and plan on getting an Xbone when Scalebound comes out)

Point, understood, but what you failed to take into account is that the majority of gamers are "console" gamers. They don't have super-powerful "rigs." Not everyone buys more than one console per generation either, so it's just a matter of what you're looking for.

Family friendly Nintendo console, great if you have kids especially...or maybe you want all the big third-party exclusives...you have to go with Sony or Microsoft.