Bayonetta 2 directors says Nintendo was great to work with, is open to more

#81MetroidJunkiePosted 6/26/2014 6:17:55 AM
master_chief_82 posted...
I don't see how a mature game could do well on a Nintendo console anyway. Nintendo always has that kiddie marketing, and I only ever see Nintendo commercials on Nick and Disney anyway. Even if they toned down violence and language i'd doubt it would do that well.

Clearly you've never seen Resident Evil. While the sales weren't exactly Nintendo esque, they generally sold much better on Nintendo systems than other third parties have. Being M rated won't kill it, there are plenty of adult Nintendo fans. They just don't typically go for a lesser known series, especially if they can just get it with better graphics on a different console. Bayonetta 2 is exclusive so at least anyone who wants it will have to get the Wii U version.
#82uncleePosted 6/26/2014 7:11:54 AM
People constantly complain that Nintendo has no 3rd party support, yet when a developer says they'd be open to doing another game in the series as a Nintendo exclusive, people immediately go for the "lol, good luck with that. It won't sell because it's on a Nintendo console."

Maybe that's part of the reason why the Wii U has no 3rd party support (not the biggest reason, of course, but part of it)? Because the people actually in a position to be heard (aka, Wii U owners), always take that damn attitude to these types of things? Instead of saying "lol, 3rd parties don't sell on Nintendo consoles" why not buy the game and encourage others to do the same? Platinum Games is in their element when they make these types of games, so I can't see it being any worse than the first one. Unlike say, anything Ubisoft has put out on the system, this is one 3rd party title that people can pretty confidently say will likely turn out to be a real effort on the part of the developer.

I feel like Wii U owners are their own worst enemies sometimes.
#83troytholomew_3Posted 6/26/2014 7:18:28 AM
unclee posted...
People constantly complain that Nintendo has no 3rd party support, yet when a developer says they'd be open to doing another game in the series as a Nintendo exclusive, people immediately go for the "lol, good luck with that. It won't sell because it's on a Nintendo console."

Maybe that's part of the reason why the Wii U has no 3rd party support (not the biggest reason, of course, but part of it)? Because the people actually in a position to be heard (aka, Wii U owners), always take that damn attitude to these types of things? Instead of saying "lol, 3rd parties don't sell on Nintendo consoles" why not buy the game and encourage others to do the same? Platinum Games is in their element when they make these types of games, so I can't see it being any worse than the first one. Unlike say, anything Ubisoft has put out on the system, this is one 3rd party title that people can pretty confidently say will likely turn out to be a real effort on the part of the developer.

I feel like Wii U owners are their own worst enemies sometimes.

Pretty much. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. That's why I don't pay any attention to the nonsense and keep it rolling.
---
*yawns*
#84king_maddenPosted 6/26/2014 8:53:19 AM
squatch22 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/469452/bayonetta-2-director-wants-to-partner-with-nintendo-again/

The people that Nintendo paid a lot of money to get Bayo2 are saying positive things about Nintendo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp6gaB-YmVA

Or maybe, shock horror, the actually like working with Nintendo...

A possibility troll brains can't comprehend.

Or maybe, shock horror, they only praised them because they were paid...

A possibility fanboy brains can't comprehend.
#85AceMosPosted 6/26/2014 8:54:57 AM
king_madden posted...
squatch22 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/469452/bayonetta-2-director-wants-to-partner-with-nintendo-again/

The people that Nintendo paid a lot of money to get Bayo2 are saying positive things about Nintendo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp6gaB-YmVA

Or maybe, shock horror, the actually like working with Nintendo...

A possibility troll brains can't comprehend.

Or maybe, shock horror, they only praised them because they were paid...

A possibility fanboy brains can't comprehend.

or they do enjoy working with nintendo

something a troll brain cant comprehend

serously why not just take there word for it
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#86EeqmcsqPosted 6/26/2014 9:15:32 AM
AceMos posted...

Because what else are they going to say? Nintendo paid them to make a game that would otherwise not be made. Of course they'll say nice things to try to get more future business. I'm not saying that they did or didn't like working with Nintendo. I'm saying to take what they say with a grain of salt.
#87AceMosPosted 6/26/2014 9:17:39 AM
Eeqmcsq posted...
AceMos posted...

Because what else are they going to say? Nintendo paid them to make a game that would otherwise not be made. Of course they'll say nice things to try to get more future business. I'm not saying that they did or didn't like working with Nintendo. I'm saying to take what they say with a grain of salt.

again why doubt them at all? is it so hard to imagine that they enjoyed working with nintendo?
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#88Soniv4Ever10Posted 6/26/2014 9:22:47 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
EzioAuditore947 posted...
If a fantastic, Gamepad utilising, colourful artstyled game like W101 bombed, why wouldn't Bayo 2?.

W101 plays worse with the gamepad than without

Lies.
#89king_maddenPosted 6/26/2014 9:25:18 AM
AceMos posted...
Eeqmcsq posted...
AceMos posted...

again why doubt them at all? is it so hard to imagine that they enjoyed working with nintendo?

Other than your love for Nintendo what makes you just believe them?

Its kind of like how when someone says something negative about Nintendo you never give them the benefit of the doubt or think maybe they're telling the truth, you immediately say they never liked Nintendo, or its a bias against Nintendo, or any other random excuse. Yet now that its a positive comment all of a sudden it's why shouldn't we believe them.

You can never imagine all the bad comments so why should we easily imagine all the good ones?
#90Demon_AckerPosted 6/26/2014 9:29:24 AM
Keep fighting the good fight, guys
You're doing great
---
http://i.imgur.com/jEtDldy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyu6dyI.gif