WiiU questions before buying

#11Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2014 2:34:52 PM
Y S posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Yeah, you can use flash drives, but they're not recommended. I've seen reports of people's cheap flash drives crapping out on them when used with the Wii U for long enough.

Also, hard drives that don't plug into an outlet can also work on the Wii U, but they need a y-cable to draw power from a second USB port.

Surely if a USB drive breaks its only the install of the game that can easily be re-downloaded and my saves would be safely on the consoles HDD?

Bump
---
3DS = 4656-6629-1731 ---- PSN = Ysonline-4 ---- Steam = PixelEdged ---- XBOX = PixelEdged
#12SuperNeonManGuyPosted 6/29/2014 7:16:23 PM
Y S posted...
Y S posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Yeah, you can use flash drives, but they're not recommended. I've seen reports of people's cheap flash drives crapping out on them when used with the Wii U for long enough.

Also, hard drives that don't plug into an outlet can also work on the Wii U, but they need a y-cable to draw power from a second USB port.

Surely if a USB drive breaks its only the install of the game that can easily be re-downloaded and my saves would be safely on the consoles HDD?

Bump

yup, my memory stick crapped out on be (to be fair it was olllllld, like REALLY OLD) and it had my nintendo land (that i downloaded from the eshop) on it... i just redownloaded nintendo land from the eshop and all of my stuff was there still :D. so yup, the actual game is on the usb stick but the saves and other data are on the console
#13Thunderbird8Posted 6/29/2014 7:42:59 PM
Save data will be in the same location as the digital game is. If the game is on a USB drive, the save data will be there too.