How the heck are you supposed to play Pikmin 3 on your TV?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How the heck are you supposed to play Pikmin 3 on your TV?
2 years ago#1
Lucky for me I play mostly off screen. But I had the house to myself tonight so I did ON TV play and it was awful. How do you aim your Pikmens? It just seems perfect as an off-screen touch based game, not so much otherwise.
2 years ago#2
You aim them like you would off screen.
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
2 years ago#3
I personally used the Wii Remote + Nunchuck combo to aim. I don't like the GCN-style controls the gamepad has on the TV.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
2 years ago#4
Wiimote or bust.
"The car in my battery died??? wtf" - Richie259
http://i.imgur.com/PZj8IZX.gif
2 years ago#5
I used the stylus controls and played on tv 80% of the time. It just takes a bit to get used to but you can aim perfectly fine.
2 years ago#6
People who say that the Wiimote is better...have you played post-patch yet?

Because it makes Gamepad play a lot easier.
For all your Smash speculation needs: A list of potential tie-in dates.
http://tinyurl.com/lgm2zhz
2 years ago#7
I use standard Game Pad button controls. I'll be bad at the game if I quit them now.
I am going to go down in history as the man who opened a door.
2 years ago#8
Luigi4President posted...
I use standard Game Pad button controls. I'll be bad at the game if I quit them now.

Anyone and everyone who played both Pikmin 1 & 2 on Gamecube knows how to control the game. it works fine that way, even if they removed pikmin swarm control. Stylus control is something they only just added.
2 years ago#9
I put the stylus on the pad and look at the TV, the TV displays your aiming icon thing and I then move the stylus about which in turn moves the aiming icon, when I've got it where it needs to be I start tapping.

It's really no different than touch typing on a keboard in basic principle.
2 years ago#10
If you're playing on a TV, Wii remote controls are best.
If you're playing on the gamepad, stylus controls are best.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How the heck are you supposed to play Pikmin 3 on your TV?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived