How the heck are you supposed to play Pikmin 3 on your TV?

#11r7gerrabbitPosted 6/30/2014 3:51:22 AM
Wii Remote + Nunchuck is best way to play.
---
Sig.
#12XImperialDragonPosted 6/30/2014 5:26:22 AM
My wife plays with stylus controls just fine, thanks large in part to getting used to it without realizing she could even use a Wii remote.

Unfortunately I can't do it, as I haven't yet to actually play through the game- just got the Wii U a couple weeks ago and Pikmin3 was our bonus game, but she began playing on my profile without making her own and I dunno if I can move my profile's save to hers if she makes her own, but the story mode shows days, not save slots, and I don't want to make her lose progress. Anyway, she passed me the game pad because she fought a boss losing only 2 Pikmin but the time ran out the moment she beat the boss. This frustrated her so then I had to fight one of the bosses for her without getting used to it so I had to play on the game pad.

When I actually play the game I'll probably play on the pad or with a Wii remote.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#13NathanmgPosted 6/30/2014 5:37:27 AM
XImperialDragon posted...
My wife plays with stylus controls just fine, thanks large in part to getting used to it without realizing she could even use a Wii remote.

Unfortunately I can't do it, as I haven't yet to actually play through the game- just got the Wii U a couple weeks ago and Pikmin3 was our bonus game, but she began playing on my profile without making her own and I dunno if I can move my profile's save to hers if she makes her own, but the story mode shows days, not save slots, and I don't want to make her lose progress. Anyway, she passed me the game pad because she fought a boss losing only 2 Pikmin but the time ran out the moment she beat the boss. This frustrated her so then I had to fight one of the bosses for her without getting used to it so I had to play on the game pad.

When I actually play the game I'll probably play on the pad or with a Wii remote.

Make her a profile and just have your save on that, I'm pretty sure you can't transfer saves between users.
#14Ghost-inZeShellPosted 6/30/2014 6:54:11 AM
Whatever floats your goat.
#15Legend053180(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 6:57:30 AM
r7gerrabbit posted...
Wii Remote + Nunchuck is best way to play.

Ugh. I haven't used a Nunchuck since Skyward Sword came out.
I may just stick with off-tv.
#16shoggothsnackPosted 6/30/2014 7:12:44 AM
I have to use the Wii mote, the Gamepad controls are just too inconsistent for me. Does the game support the Pro controller? I've been thinking of buying one just for this game.
#17NathanmgPosted 6/30/2014 7:15:34 AM
shoggothsnack posted...
I have to use the Wii mote, the Gamepad controls are just too inconsistent for me. Does the game support the Pro controller? I've been thinking of buying one just for this game.

Yeah it does ^_^
#18EpicGuy567Posted 6/30/2014 7:24:17 AM
I use the TV with the Wii U Pro Controller and the gameplay was fine, though I haven't tried it with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk yet.
#19Ghost-inZeShellPosted 6/30/2014 7:33:05 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
Whatever floats your goat.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vaWmcvYm--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/790953326492350612.jpg
#20XImperialDragonPosted 6/30/2014 2:02:35 PM
Nathanmg posted...
XImperialDragon posted...

Make her a profile and just have your save on that, I'm pretty sure you can't transfer saves between users.

That's a good idea; it's not a big deal to have my save on my Mii's profile. lol
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.