How the heck are you supposed to play Pikmin 3 on your TV?

#21zen120Posted 7/3/2014 7:40:53 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
If you're playing on a TV, Wii remote controls are best.
If you're playing on the gamepad, stylus controls are best.

This. This is all truth.
---
My signature was abducted by aliens of the planet Kleeox 5. They will hold it there until I pay the ransom of 7 jellyfish, 2 marmoset babies, and a shrubbery.
#22zen120Posted 7/3/2014 7:42:52 AM
Legend053180 posted...
r7gerrabbit posted...
Wii Remote + Nunchuck is best way to play.

Ugh. I haven't used a Nunchuck since Skyward Sword came out.
I may just stick with off-tv.

What's wrong with using a Nunchuck? You use it for the buttons and shake it occasionally.
---
My signature was abducted by aliens of the planet Kleeox 5. They will hold it there until I pay the ransom of 7 jellyfish, 2 marmoset babies, and a shrubbery.
#23Legend053180(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 8:40:48 AM
zen120 posted...
Legend053180 posted...
r7gerrabbit posted...

What's wrong with using a Nunchuck? You use it for the buttons and shake it occasionally.

I don't hate it. It's just another controller to keep in the living room. Wives hate more controllers in the living room.
#24hydra_dragonPosted 7/3/2014 10:03:14 AM
I agree. My biggest issue is, when I aim and throw a pikmin, sometimes it will register my tap in another area. On the Gamepad alone, I can tap where I want to throw, rather than aim and tap again. Although, Wii Remote + Nunchuck would be the best way.
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#25FishbulbPosted 7/3/2014 10:10:33 AM
r7gerrabbit posted...

...with the gamepad on a TV tray or table in front of you for the map.
---
Will there ever be a rainbow?
#26TheChosenKokiriPosted 7/3/2014 10:28:56 AM
I prefer the new gamepad control of play. I ind it easier playing on the TV because you have the map on the gamepad and can look at it at all times.
---
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6408/1210309549801fm4ot1.gif
#27XImperialDragonPosted 7/3/2014 11:59:27 AM
Legend053180 posted...
zen120 posted...
Legend053180 posted...
r7gerrabbit posted...

I don't hate it. It's just another controller to keep in the living room. Wives hate more controllers in the living room.

Why would your wife care about more controllers in the living room...? Mine doesn't even remotely care. Probably because it's completely asinine. And also in the one who does most of the cleaning...
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#28Thundering_TNTPosted 7/3/2014 12:25:55 PM
XImperialDragon posted...
Nathanmg posted...
XImperialDragon posted...
My wife plays with stylus controls just fine, thanks large in part to getting used to it without realizing she could even use a Wii remote.

Unfortunately I can't do it, as I haven't yet to actually play through the game- just got the Wii U a couple weeks ago and Pikmin3 was our bonus game, but she began playing on my profile without making her own and I dunno if I can move my profile's save to hers if she makes her own, but the story mode shows days, not save slots, and I don't want to make her lose progress. Anyway, she passed me the game pad because she fought a boss losing only 2 Pikmin but the time ran out the moment she beat the boss. This frustrated her so then I had to fight one of the bosses for her without getting used to it so I had to play on the game pad.

When I actually play the game I'll probably play on the pad or with a Wii remote.

Make her a profile and just have your save on that, I'm pretty sure you can't transfer saves between users.

That's a good idea; it's not a big deal to have my save on my Mii's profile. lol

Also, if you don't really have to many games you wouldn't mind starting over on your profile yet, then you could just switch the user mii on your profile to her mii, then start the new profile with your mii.
---
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. ~C.S. Lewis