Why a new Metroid Prime over a third-person Metroid?

#1MellowLyricistPosted 6/30/2014 12:50:59 PM(edited)
Why do people want a Prime 4 over a third person 3D Metroid? And before you say "But Other M!," that is only one way to do one. Think over-the-shoulder perspective with free aiming, and much tighter, more fluid controls, particularly with regards to plaforming/space jumping/heck, even rock climbing. Think exploration of a vast planet or maybe more than one, not some Bottle Ship. Think much more loneliness, but perhaps meeting some unknown presence, something surprising like a living Chozo sage. Maybe put some armor customization options without leaning too far toward an RPG. Put as much monies into it as Zelda U is surely getting. It could be the Nintendo franchise that absolutely redeems the machine for self-proclaimed hardcore fans.

I was going to mention allowing us to pilot the gunship, but this would probably be needlessly expanding the scope of the game into something too gargantuan, as this would entail creating an outer space worth exploring.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
#2GiygasminionPosted 6/30/2014 12:21:26 PM
I'm fine either way. I just want to explore an immersive, intriguing game.
---
NN ID: Achilles11 3DS FC: 0860-3339-6889
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#3slyman19Posted 6/30/2014 12:22:40 PM
I think it would be more immersive as a FPS/A game.
#4toadiemanPosted 6/30/2014 12:22:50 PM
I've been saying it for a long time. Give me the option of 3rd person in a prime game.
---
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos
#5Baha05Posted 6/30/2014 12:23:11 PM
Honestly I duuno, I would not mind a 3rd Person View but a 1st Person View has some better draws to it, mainly being immersion in the game world, that's what made Metroid Prime as a series fun, the perspective combined with the gameplay made it feel like you were Samus and that you were scanning the world and fighting Space Pirates.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#6TallWhiteNinjaPosted 6/30/2014 12:26:14 PM
Honestly, get the atmosphere and the exploration elements right, and I don't really give a flying **** what perspective the game's in. Look at the things Super and Prime both did well, adapt those into whatever perspective you want, and I will buy that damn game.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
#7freezingicekirbPosted 6/30/2014 12:31:51 PM
I generally dislike first-person shooters, but even I thought Metroid Prime was amazing. I wouldn't mind a fourth game in that series.

Really, the whole 2D side scroller and first-person adventure/shooter thing works really well with the series. There's no reason for them to deviate from the Super and Prime method of doing things... especially considering Other M tried to change it up and it was nowhere near as good. They've got two great formula's going for them already... just stick with those.
#8Model_OmegaPosted 6/30/2014 12:35:09 PM
I don't care all that much, as long as the game is good.

I would prefer to have a 2D sidescroller simply because we haven't had one since Zero Mission, and if they really do just get Retro to do another Prime, well it'd probably be good, but we already have three really great Prime games, we don't need another, and if so, where do you go from there? Make an open world? Cause I don't know what else to do. Prime 2 had Light and Dark Aether and Prime 3 had ship travel and Hypermode, what could a Prime 4 do to shake up the Prime formula?
---
3DS FC: 2852-9037-5265 Pokemon X IGN: Brandon
Support B.C. Teachers! Down with the Liberal's oppression on bargaining rights!
#9guedesbrawlPosted 6/30/2014 12:36:45 PM
Model_Omega posted...
I don't care all that much, as long as the game is good.

I would prefer to have a 2D sidescroller simply because we haven't had one since Zero Mission

---
"I pride myself on being a fairly hardcore gamer. How tough am I? I grew up beating Contra in kindergarten... with no milk." - RatheV . Chrom for SSB4
#10SUPER3METROIDXPosted 6/30/2014 12:37:30 PM
It could be done well but the truth is that it is because of otherm. People wanted a 3rd person metroid after getting 3 prime games and the first truly 3rd person metroid game was awful garbage that didn't even have proper 3d movement. Other m left a bad taste in peoples mouths so they want to get far away from it for now.