Why a new Metroid Prime over a third-person Metroid?

#11AvirosbPosted 6/30/2014 11:37:32 AM
I'd play a third-person Metroid with wiimote support and Abuse controls.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#12jbilly12Posted 6/30/2014 11:39:44 AM
Either would be good. Most of the stuff you brought up would work in either fps or tps
#13elkenPosted 6/30/2014 11:42:05 AM
MellowLyricist posted...
Why do people want a Prime 4 over a third person 3D Metroid? And before you say "But Other M!," that is only one way to do one. Think over-the-shoulder perspective with free aiming, and much tighter, more fluid controls, particularly with regards to plaforming/space jumping/heck, even rock climbing. Think exploration of a vast planet or maybe more than one, not some Bottle Ship. Think much more loneliness, but perhaps meeting some unknown presence, something surprising like a living Chozo sage. Maybe but some armor customization options without leaning too far toward an RPG. Put as much monies into it as Zelda U is surely getting. It could be the Nintendo franchise that absolutely redeems the machine for self-proclaimed hardcore fans.

I was going to mention allowing us to pilot the gunship, but this would probably be needlessly expanding the scope of the game into something too gargantuan, as this would entail creating an outer space worth exploring.

I agreed here 100%

No more Call of Duty-Metroid FPS games Please !!!

We need a Metroid game with the quality of Dead Space, enough said !!!
---
*Fav Genres: RPG\Adventure\Survival *Fav Consoles: Sony & Nintendo *Fav Handhelds: 3DS XL & PSP
*PSN: Elken13
#14Megamushroom666Posted 6/30/2014 11:46:50 AM
Giygasminion posted...
I'm fine either way. I just want to explore an immersive, intriguing game.

---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#15MetroidJunkiePosted 6/30/2014 11:46:57 AM
There can't be a Prime 4, Metroid Prime (Dark Samus) is dead for good. It would be a new Metroid game that plays like Prime, which I would love.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#16QuestionmarktariusPosted 6/30/2014 11:47:04 AM
The only benefit I can see to going 'over-the-shoulder' would be turning Metroid into cover-shooter, which isn't really a 'benefit' at all.
#17MetroidJunkiePosted 6/30/2014 11:49:27 AM
MellowLyricist posted...

I was going to mention allowing us to pilot the gunship, but this would probably be needlessly expanding the scope of the game into something too gargantuan, as this would entail creating an outer space worth exploring.

Imagine if Nintendo made a Metroid game with a sense of exploration similar to No Man's Sky, except with Metroid enemies and mechanics of course. It'd be badass, but probably not happening any time soon.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#18guedesbrawlPosted 6/30/2014 11:49:53 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...
There can't be a Prime 4, Metroid Prime (Dark Samus) is dead for good. It would be a new Metroid game that plays like Prime, which I would love.

hunters had nothing to do with DS
---
"I pride myself on being a fairly hardcore gamer. How tough am I? I grew up beating Contra in kindergarten... with no milk." - RatheV . Chrom for SSB4
#19MetroidJunkiePosted 6/30/2014 11:56:32 AM(edited)
guedesbrawl posted...

hunters had nothing to do with DS

Technically, that game takes place between the first and second Prime games and it's obvious they only slapped on the Prime title for familiarity, anyway. Retro Studios didn't even work on that one, Nintendo did. How ironic that the one Prime game the Western company didn't work on is the multiplayer first person shooter with little depth, huh? Unless they want to go the Star Wars route on cashing in on prequels, having a Prime game that takes place after DS' death would make no sense.
---
#20MellowLyricist(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 12:07:47 PM(edited)
Questionmarktarius posted...
The only benefit I can see to going 'over-the-shoulder' would be turning Metroid into cover-shooter, which isn't really a 'benefit' at all.

Where was the cover shooting in Resident Evil 4 again? The game that kind of got the over-the-shoulder ball rolling? People hail Prime as being the natural evolution of Super Metroid to three dimensions, but wouldn't still being able to see Samus be even closer?

The reason I want third person view is not only platforming (perfectly fine in FP but more satisfying in TP), but so I can see and feel how powerful Samus is—every time you get a suit upgrade or blaze through the air with the space jump. In fact, even in Prime you still go into a third-person perspective when you space jump. Why not just cut out the middle man?
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born