Why a new Metroid Prime over a third-person Metroid?

#21MetroidJunkiePosted 6/30/2014 12:05:53 PM(edited)
Why not make it scalable like on Fallout and Elder Scrolls? Have it default to first person with some kind of way to slide it out from over the shoulder to a moderate distance away. There could be two arrows facing away from each other on the touchscreen that you touch to do this, it's not like you'd need to be constantly doing it.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#22AceMosPosted 6/30/2014 12:25:30 PM
how would percision aiming in 3rd person work?
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#23KaiserWarriorPosted 6/30/2014 12:29:36 PM
AceMos posted...

Same way it worked in RE4: Camera pulls in close "on top of the shoulder" to provide as unobstructed a view as possible (mostly the weapon and the side of the character's head) while some sort of reticule pops up to aim with (in RE4's case, a laser sight attached to every weapon).

Problem being that it separates shooting from moving, largely.
#24QuestionmarktariusPosted 6/30/2014 12:34:33 PM
KaiserWarrior posted...

Wiimote+Nunchuck controls would work fairly well, though.
#25AceMosPosted 6/30/2014 12:35:48 PM
KaiserWarrior posted...
AceMos posted...

Same way it worked in RE4: Camera pulls in close "on top of the shoulder" to provide as unobstructed a view as possible (mostly the weapon and the side of the character's head) while some sort of reticule pops up to aim with (in RE4's case, a laser sight attached to every weapon).

yea you just pointed out the problem you can move and shoot with that method it is also not verry quick in weapon changing (like you would need for say beam to missel)
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#26MetroidJunkiePosted 6/30/2014 12:36:29 PM
Or just use a reticle to guide the player's aim like most third person shooters use.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#27spikejetedPosted 6/30/2014 12:37:07 PM
I can buy that TC. I liked the fps but I would enjoy being able to see that sweet a$$ suit more often.
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
3DS FC: 0619-3599-1888
#28AceMosPosted 6/30/2014 12:43:49 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
Or just use a reticle to guide the player's aim like most third person shooters use.

yes but rember metroid is more of an adventure than a shooter
---
#29MetroidJunkiePosted 6/30/2014 12:46:41 PM
AceMos posted...

Having a reticle to aim anytime you want isn't exactly going to diminish its adventure qualities, though.
---
#30AceMosPosted 6/30/2014 12:53:22 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
AceMos posted...

Having a reticle to aim anytime you want isn't exactly going to diminish its adventure qualities, though.

true i am just pointing out that making the aiming mroe complex is not really what is needed
---