Why a new Metroid Prime over a third-person Metroid?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why a new Metroid Prime over a third-person Metroid?
2 years ago#31
Couldn't hurt, though, although I love how Metroid Prime 3 allowed you to aim while locked onto the enemy so that you could aim for their weak points. Maybe something like that could work for a third person Metroid game.
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
2 years ago#32
AceMos posted...
true i am just pointing out that making the aiming mroe complex is not really what is needed

soooo... bring back z-lock.

Problem solved.
2 years ago#33
Metroid Prime was... an experience. Graphically speaking, back then? it was awe-inspiring. Lots of mood, lots of immersion, simple well made.

Then we took a world's worth of steps backwards.

This is why they need to go back to what worked, what gave Metroid a second breath of life. Between that and Fusion the series made a come back after years of stagnancy.
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/
2 years ago#34
I think "Metroid Prime 4" and "Super Mario Galaxy 3" are just code names for "New 3D Metroid" and "New Movable Camera 3D Mario"
2 years ago#35
iKhanic posted...
I think "Metroid Prime 4" and "Super Mario Galaxy 3" are just code names for "New 3D Metroid" and "New Movable Camera 3D Mario"

I was mostly talking about fans wanting Retro to make another Metroid Prime. They series is good for what it is, but I don't think it's the best thing we could get out of the Metroid franchise.

Some of you bring up a good point about the immersion, though. I would like it if it were possible to switch between views on the fly at any time.
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
2 years ago#36
Metroid prime 4 is a safe bet if made by Retro, any other dev making a 3rd pov metroid is more of a gamble. I don't care I just want an HD metroid game.
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
2 years ago#37
So when are we gonna get a Metroid game with dogfights in space? I've wanted this since I first played Prime.
Metroid > All
Rayman will be in Smash... One day.
2 years ago#38
After seeing what a great job Retro did with DKC, I would love to see them work on a sidescrolling Metroid just as much as I'd love to see them work on a first person one.
Boise State Broncos
3DS: 1676-3714-2798
2 years ago#39
Slave 1 posted...
After seeing what a great job Retro did with DKC, I would love to see them work on a sidescrolling Metroid just as much as I'd love to see them work on a first person one.

They could always do both, side scroller on the 3DS and first person game on the Wii U. The 3DS game could use 3D models on a 2D plane but with very in depth environments in the background to make good use of the 3D effect and be like a really advanced Super Metroid while the Wii U game could have Samus going through gorgeous HD environments in first person.
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
2 years ago#40
I'm all for a new Metroid in the style of the Prime games, hopefully more so the first two than the third one.
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why a new Metroid Prime over a third-person Metroid?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived