Why a new Metroid Prime over a third-person Metroid?

#31MetroidJunkiePosted 6/30/2014 1:55:25 PM
Couldn't hurt, though, although I love how Metroid Prime 3 allowed you to aim while locked onto the enemy so that you could aim for their weak points. Maybe something like that could work for a third person Metroid game.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#32QuestionmarktariusPosted 6/30/2014 1:58:47 PM
AceMos posted...
true i am just pointing out that making the aiming mroe complex is not really what is needed

soooo... bring back z-lock.

Problem solved.
#33Stefan1277Posted 6/30/2014 2:02:29 PM
Metroid Prime was... an experience. Graphically speaking, back then? it was awe-inspiring. Lots of mood, lots of immersion, simple well made.

Then we took a world's worth of steps backwards.

This is why they need to go back to what worked, what gave Metroid a second breath of life. Between that and Fusion the series made a come back after years of stagnancy.
---
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/
#34iKhanicPosted 6/30/2014 2:59:07 PM
I think "Metroid Prime 4" and "Super Mario Galaxy 3" are just code names for "New 3D Metroid" and "New Movable Camera 3D Mario"
#35MellowLyricist(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 8:44:57 PM
iKhanic posted...
I think "Metroid Prime 4" and "Super Mario Galaxy 3" are just code names for "New 3D Metroid" and "New Movable Camera 3D Mario"

I was mostly talking about fans wanting Retro to make another Metroid Prime. They series is good for what it is, but I don't think it's the best thing we could get out of the Metroid franchise.

Some of you bring up a good point about the immersion, though. I would like it if it were possible to switch between views on the fly at any time.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
#36chex81Posted 6/30/2014 9:42:33 PM
Metroid prime 4 is a safe bet if made by Retro, any other dev making a 3rd pov metroid is more of a gamble. I don't care I just want an HD metroid game.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#37Xynaxus64Posted 6/30/2014 9:45:38 PM
So when are we gonna get a Metroid game with dogfights in space? I've wanted this since I first played Prime.
---
Metroid > All
Rayman will be in Smash... One day.
#38Slave 1Posted 6/30/2014 9:52:50 PM
After seeing what a great job Retro did with DKC, I would love to see them work on a sidescrolling Metroid just as much as I'd love to see them work on a first person one.
---
Boise State Broncos
3DS: 1676-3714-2798
#39MetroidJunkiePosted 6/30/2014 10:24:20 PM
Slave 1 posted...
After seeing what a great job Retro did with DKC, I would love to see them work on a sidescrolling Metroid just as much as I'd love to see them work on a first person one.

They could always do both, side scroller on the 3DS and first person game on the Wii U. The 3DS game could use 3D models on a 2D plane but with very in depth environments in the background to make good use of the 3D effect and be like a really advanced Super Metroid while the Wii U game could have Samus going through gorgeous HD environments in first person.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#40NovaLevossidaPosted 6/30/2014 10:26:21 PM
I'm all for a new Metroid in the style of the Prime games, hopefully more so the first two than the third one.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter