Why a new Metroid Prime over a third-person Metroid?

#61BillysanPosted 7/2/2014 2:41:46 PM(edited)
I'm at the point where I'm fine as long has we get another new GOOD Metroid game.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 3DS FC:4914-2847-6766
#62Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/2/2014 2:54:18 PM
Metroid Prime is my favorite, so I am biased.
Other M was horrible, for the story, but I am not opposed to a 3rd Metroid.
Certain sections I found to be very fun, or potential to even be great.
I just think it has to be handled by another team.
#63Nerreltron9000Posted 7/3/2014 8:38:00 AM
AceMos posted...

the d pad fails for 3D movement this was proven back in the N64 with its thumb stick

but i notice you ignored my other post where i pointed out svrl flaws with other M

so you are just here to troll

Forgive me for not reading through all several hundred posts in the 10,000th Other M argument on this board. I'm sure you brought up some complaints that have never said in any of the other threads before.

What separates Other M from early Playstation titles is that Other M was structured entirely around D-pad control. Most of the camera angles are side-on, as the 2D games were, so that you only have to press left and right to move.

Many times the camera will even turn with Samus when going around corners so that the sidescrolling angle is preserved. There aren't many moments where Samus has to navigate a full 360 degree space with D-pad controls.

I'm not saying the analog stick wouldn't have been better overall, I'm just saying the D-pad worked fine, and it's a far cry from the clumsiness of using the D-pad for PS titles.
#64NettoSaitoPosted 7/3/2014 8:40:50 AM
I would like to see that, but random fact. Prime was 3rd person but they found it didn't work well with what they were doing.
---
PSN/XBL/NN - NettoSaito | 3DS - [1203-9218-7780]
Netto's Game Room - News, Reviews, Lets Plays, and More - http://www.nettosgameroom.com
#65Custode_de_PacePosted 7/3/2014 8:42:49 AM
Nintendo Land was basically an experiment for Nintendo based on their various franchises. I fully expect a third person Metroid game based on that mini-game in Nintendo Land, or Splatoon was originally a third person Metroid game that they turned into Splatoon.
---
Telocaster has made almost 60 topics on Tales games in the last year alone. And that's just on NGG. 60. SIXTY
#66AceMosPosted 7/3/2014 8:44:22 AM
Nerreltron9000 posted...
AceMos posted...

the d pad fails for 3D movement this was proven back in the N64 with its thumb stick

but i notice you ignored my other post where i pointed out svrl flaws with other M

so you are just here to troll

Forgive me for not reading through all several hundred posts in the 10,000th Other M argument on this board. I'm sure you brought up some complaints that have never said in any of the other threads before.

What separates Other M from early Playstation titles is that Other M was structured entirely around D-pad control. Most of the camera angles are side-on, as the 2D games were, so that you only have to press left and right to move.

Many times the camera will even turn with Samus when going around corners so that the sidescrolling angle is preserved. There aren't many moments where Samus has to navigate a full 360 degree space with D-pad controls.

I'm not saying the analog stick wouldn't have been better overall, I'm just saying the D-pad worked fine, and it's a far cry from the clumsiness of using the D-pad for PS titles.

pointign the wii mote at hte screen to fire a missele is stupid

the game is a linar hallway and that is a huge crime for a metroid game a franchise the invented the concept of exploring a large world

teh sense move is overly broken and destroys any challange in combat

the none returning bosses are forgetable

the world desine is so painfully generic

so tell me why do you like other M try to actually defend your point
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#67MetroidJunkiePosted 7/3/2014 8:46:25 AM
Nerreltron9000 posted...

Stupid developers, thinking they know how to do their job of 30 years better than random people on the internet. Aonuma should listen to what the fans want and make Twilight Princess 2 with hyper realistic visuals and gore, right?

And he did acknowledge Team Ninja's concerns. 2D Metroid's control style had a certain feel that only the D-pad could provide. Instead of just using the analog stick because it was easier, he felt the D pad could be made to work in any situation with the right camera and level designs and directed Team Ninja to follow that approach.

He wasn't ignoring their opinions, he was making sure that the product consistently adhered to a particular vision. That's what the job of a lead developer is.

I personally don't get what the big deal is with the D-pad. Is it that ****ing hard? Did you really have that many problems playing it? Of course some sections would have controlled better with a stick, but considering how often the game plays like a sidescroller, many others would have controlled worse.

D-Pad wouldn't be so bad if it was a side-scroller but it's not, it's a fully 3D game with diagonal movements. Also, having to flip the wii-mote over and standing perfectly still just to fire a missile is beyond irritating. If you don't think this game could've worked much better with analog (At least as an option) then you should take off the nostalgia glasses because, while it's classic, it's certainly not better.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#68darkjedilinkPosted 7/3/2014 10:37:32 AM
Nerreltron9000 posted...
I really don't want to go back to a Samus who can't run or jump. 3rd person all the way.

The Prime games were great,but it's been far too long since Samus has actually controlled like Samus. Other M didn't get it quite right, but it was a step in the right direction.

Uhhh, Samus could both run AND jump in the Prime games.

I don't know what you're trying to get at, so either you've never played the Prime games and are trolling, or you don't know how good controls work.
---
Deus Ex Wii U is $20-$55 more expensive than other versions, but it only didn't sell because Wii U owners don't like third-party games. - king_madden
#69Juju_Architect_Posted 7/3/2014 10:40:28 AM
If I want to see Samus at all times I'd rather play a side scrolling Metroid.

I'd rather go first-person adventure if it's 3D.

I really don't see any practical point for a third-person Metroid.
---
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban
#70Juju_Architect_Posted 7/3/2014 10:42:06 AM
Nerreltron9000 posted...
I really don't want to go back to a Samus who can't run or jump. 3rd person all the way.

The Prime games were great,but it's been far too long since Samus has actually controlled like Samus. Other M didn't get it quite right, but it was a step in the right direction.

WTH are you talking about? Samus runs, jumps, morph-balls, screw-attacks, wall-jumps, morph-ball jumps, spider-balls and everything in Metroid Prime games.
---
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban