Wii U games very expensive?

#1Bl00dlegendPosted 7/1/2014 6:11:56 AM
I have a wii U for nearly 1 year now and have not bought ANY more games other than what I got in the bundle (3D World, Mario Bros U) because they are so expensive. Even very old games like zelda are still 40. I refuse to buy any games above 20, should I just sell my wii u and get an xbox 360 instead?
#2Psychochild27Posted 7/1/2014 6:14:07 AM
Nintendo games don't drop in price. This has been the case for a long time now. Sell it and buy a PC.
#3RukumouruPosted 7/1/2014 6:21:23 AM
Either sell it and buy a PC, or keep it and still buy the PC.

Nintendo games command high prices, but they are also guaranteed to have solid framerates and basically no bugs. The level of polish on Nintendo games is nearly nonexistent in the industry nowadays. Whether that commands such a high premium or not is anybody's guess, but it definitely commands SOME sort of premium.
#4MetroidJunkiePosted 7/1/2014 6:25:23 AM
Rukumouru posted...
basically no bugs.

I can think of a few Nintendo franchises that actually had game breaking bugs so this isn't entirely accurate.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#5NathanmgPosted 7/1/2014 6:29:27 AM
Refusing to buy above 20 cuts you out of most "current gen" console gaming, however if you actively search you can find a lot of titles for near the price. I got The Wonderful 101 brand new from Argos for 20 for example (via their ebay shop).

Check out second hand games as well.
#6Straight_CatPosted 7/1/2014 6:33:03 AM
Try eBay, you might get lucky
#7Tauro_FcPosted 7/1/2014 6:36:10 AM
I have 7 games and i only paid full price for 2 of them. Super mario 3d world $65 (because i just had to get my mario on, day 1) and wind waker HD $65 (because it was the limited edition). All my other games are between $10-$25.
#8Mista_MPosted 7/1/2014 7:42:13 AM
Just suck it up and buy some games!

The advantage of the nintendo games is you can actually buy them new and sell them used for a FAIR price if you decide even years and years later. Over the past 5 years I rage when I see a xbox game I bought 6 months - 1 year ago selling for like $19.99
#9SuperNeonManGuyPosted 7/4/2014 5:17:35 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
Rukumouru posted...
basically no bugs.

I can think of a few Nintendo franchises that actually had game breaking bugs so this isn't entirely accurate.

i can think of one franchise that had a game breaking bug that youhad to go out of your way to encounter... even then they released a patch...
---
NNID: TallPerson
#10Citan22Posted 7/4/2014 6:14:51 PM
while i guess i have paid full price for most of my nintendo titles, most of my third party games have been bought for really cheap.. like $15-$30, most recently Splinter Cell: Blacklist for $10.