Can we all agree guacamelee is the best eshop game ever?

#11ps4nation(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 12:51:49 PM
R_Hunter posted...
Xynaxus64 posted...
R_Hunter posted...
Nope, still goes to EDGE for me.

You actually like EDGE?

Yeah, should I not? ?_?

Edge is good but 2
#12DTY3Posted 7/2/2014 1:01:00 PM
Yeah, until the two Shantae games drop.
#13Demon_AckerPosted 7/2/2014 1:03:18 PM
In a world where Shovel Knoght exists? No way.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jEtDldy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyu6dyI.gif
#14DTY3Posted 7/2/2014 1:07:47 PM
I like Guacamelee better. Partly because they aren't pandering to nostalgia. It feels unique and fresh aesthetically.

Also I love Metroidvania.
#15ps4nation(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 1:17:13 PM
DTY3 posted...
I like Guacamelee better. Partly because they aren't pandering to nostalgia. It feels unique and fresh aesthetically.

*pshighfive*
#16AguacatonPosted 7/2/2014 7:46:05 PM
the game is really good, but it is not the best game.
---
NNID: Codiepo
PSN: Aguacaton
#17AstralFrostPosted 7/2/2014 7:56:04 PM
Agreed TC, Guacamalee is one of the best games Wii U has to offer. Shame its a multiplat you can get on just about everything, certainly not a system seller.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#18KiurxPosted 7/2/2014 7:59:31 PM
DTY3 posted...

I'm all up for different opinions, heck there both very good games. But that statement false. BOTH pay homage to different games. Shovel Knights attacks are based of then ducktales pogo mechanic. Even then I can argue both are easy differently. Ducktales has more an emphasizes to get through spikes and to kill bad guys. There are hardly parts where there the pogo is being used to get through platforms like how shovel knight handles it.. (Both great games just have different uses).

However Gucamelee pays homage to castlevania and metroid games besides the obvious genre. Transformations much like alucard turning into wolf. The shinespark like moves that Gucamelee uses (once again there similar but have different emphasizes). In fact there's no hiding that there are serval not even subtle Metroid references in that game. They even god damn chozos statues.

Both are great games and pay homage to great games. But you cannot say that one is pandering to nostalgia and the other isn't.
---
FC : 0318-6717-0940
Rank of the F*** club : Daemon's Persian
#19KittenLinaPosted 7/2/2014 8:07:19 PM
I played it on PC and it wasn't that good.
---
Official Succubus of the SMT IV board.
I shall remind them of the error in their beliefs... And remind them, that they should fear me.
#20Xynaxus64Posted 7/2/2014 8:07:23 PM
R_Hunter posted...
Xynaxus64 posted...
R_Hunter posted...
Nope, still goes to EDGE for me.

You actually like EDGE?

Yeah, should I not? ?_?

Oh. I thought it was boring.
---
Metroid > All
Rayman will be in Smash... One day.