Best Mario RPG Villains?

#21Watt64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 10:06:04 AM
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
I'm torn between PM Bowser or DT Bowser.

PM Bowser is goofier. :P

I think Bowser is at his best in BIS. But Paper Mario Bowser is just as good.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#22Street_OverlordPosted 7/3/2014 10:06:44 AM
Believe it or not, I really liked the Shroobs from Partners in Time. That one secret mission where you get to fight them in Bowsers Inside Story was my favorite part of that whole game!
#23McmadnessV3Posted 7/3/2014 10:34:38 AM(edited)
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
I'm torn between PM Bowser or DT Bowser.

PM Bowser is goofier. :P

Yeah thats true. But still dangerous, unlike the one from SPM who was too goofy :P
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#24wiiking96Posted 7/3/2014 10:15:06 AM
Iokua posted...
Watt64 posted...
How is the Smithy Gang winning? They hardly do anything the whole game. They just guard Star pieces, and Smithy just sits in his factory making weapons.

I liked them, but they weren't that great.

They're unique. Most other villains from the Mario RPGs are either based on preexisting Mario baddies, or overrated garbage, such as that annoying little **** from Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. The Smithy Gang stands out as a bigger threat than the rest, possessing unique designs, and being a part of the game that spawned the Mario RPG lines.

I don't know how the heck Cackletta, the Shroobs, the X-Nauts, or Count Bleck and his minions are based on "preexisting Mario baddies". Even Antasma, while potentially based loosely on Cackletta, is unique enough to be memorable. Midbus likely takes inspiration from Bowser himself, with his bulky build and armbands, and Fawful may take inspiration from E. Gadd, but they're certainly memorable. Fawful even gets character development as a minion with his speech before the last fight against him.

The problem with the Smithy Gang is how shallow they are. You barely spend any time with any of its individual members, and you have no idea what kind of person "Smithy" is until you actually meet him. There's little cohesion in the group, and not even any backstory like with Count Bleck's minions. Cackletta and Fawful appear over the course of the games, and a clear rivalry with them and the Bros is established. The Shroobs feel more well defined as a group of baddies (and they're definitely more of a threat than the Smithy Gang, BTW).
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#25RadioOutriderPosted 7/3/2014 10:20:20 AM
I have fury
#26McmadnessV3Posted 7/3/2014 10:42:45 AM
I like the idea of the Smithy gang, their designs are interesting and the idea of an evil blacksmith obsessed with weapons is rather unique amongst his peers.

However as said before he doesn't physically appear till the very end and while it makes sense for why he doesn't it ultimately makes him feel a bit on the bland side for personality.

It was also the first game to give Bowser any real personality but how he acts then compared to how he acts now there has definitely been changes.
---
This sig loves you.
#27ScaredofzombiesPosted 7/3/2014 10:55:44 AM
I loved Count Bleck, Mimi and Dimentio.

But then Mimi turned into terrifying nightmare fuel….
---
NNID: WhiteChili
#28AceMosPosted 7/3/2014 10:58:05 AM
i like the shadow queen and the dark star alot

i just enjoy eldirch monsters
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#29Leon_Powalski_7Posted 7/3/2014 11:39:12 AM
definitely count bleck and his minions, ss bowser doesn't deserve a spot on this list btw
---
I am the great Leon!
#30McmadnessV3Posted 7/3/2014 12:09:05 PM
Leon_Powalski_7 posted...
definitely count bleck and his minions, ss bowser doesn't deserve a spot on this list btw

Well on the off chance someone likes him like that best then its there for completion sake.
---
This sig loves you.