What was the best year for gaming?

#1ponyseizuresPosted 7/3/2014 6:50:23 AM
I'd say 2007. Super Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, Pokemon Gen IV.
But then there was 2008. Mother 3, Persona 4, Brawl, Animal Crossing: City Folk...

What about you guys?
---
Snapchat me! @nayov
I'll register that as a new quest.
#2MetroidJunkiePosted 7/3/2014 6:52:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua1gdU-_VVg#t=05s
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#3kazooie959Posted 7/3/2014 7:01:48 AM(edited)
08 also got Fallout3 and Mass Effect 2....

I'd go with 08

EDIT
08 also got B-K Nuts and Bolts and the addition of Banjo-Kazooie to xbox live. GTAIV, MGSIV, FarCry 2, Fable 2 and pokemon platinum as well...

Yeah 08 was great... I think I still have debt from that year...
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
the firepower of grace, headband, glasses of pseudo heaven in one animal
#4UsabellPosted 7/3/2014 6:53:37 AM
Galaxy was a really nice game even by today's standards. But also some earlier years in the 90s were golden. Lots of great SNES classics like Secret of Mana, A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country Trilogy, Chrono Trigger, etc. - but yeah, that wasn't a single year.
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
#5X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/3/2014 6:56:12 AM
I find it difficult to compare gaming years tbh, last year with Last of Us, 3D World, GTA 5, Bioshock Infinite, Zelda ALBW, Pokemon X/Y, AC4, Ni No Kuni, Fire Emblem Awakening, Gran Turismo 6, etc. was pretty awesome.

Certainly the best for a good few years IMO.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4
#6DoomsSDPosted 7/3/2014 6:57:38 AM
Which year did Link's Awakening come out?
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
http://i.imgur.com/k4HdivZ.gif
#7ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 6:57:49 AM
X_Ste_90_X posted...
I find it difficult to compare gaming years tbh, last year with Last of Us, 3D World, GTA 5, Bioshock Infinite, Zelda ALBW, Pokemon X/Y, AC4, Ni No Kuni, Fire Emblem Awakening, Gran Turismo 6, etc. was pretty awesome.

I considered that, too. You left out New Leaf, SMT IV, and Dark Moon, though. :(
---
Snapchat me! @nayov
I'll register that as a new quest.
#8EastCoastKodyPosted 7/3/2014 6:58:59 AM

Grand Theft Auto 3
Metal Gear Solid 2

I got my PS2 that holiday season with those 2 games. It was heaven.

and apparently Wiki says that some other little games came out that year.......like Ico, Halo, Luigis Mansion, Devil May Cry, Smash Bros Melee, Smackdown Just Bring It and Pikmin
#9AvirosbPosted 7/3/2014 6:59:50 AM
Back when I had 8 consecutive weeks of vacation a year.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#10X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/3/2014 7:00:20 AM
ponyseizures posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...

I considered that, too. You left out New Leaf, SMT IV, and Dark Moon, though. :(

I've never played any of those apart from Dark Moon tbh mate, I didn't think it was as good as the original, but it was still a good game.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4