Genyo Takeda on the development of the Wii U

#21iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 1:23:13 PM
Thundering_TNT posted...
Eoin posted...
You appear to have confused yourself. The original point that you were attempting to make was not about the launch. It was about the reveal. The system was revealed in many parts, but the key reveal was the controller in September 2005, and you can easily find many, many articles and comments and forum topics discussing it, and there's at least as much bemusement and scepticism as there is enthusiasm (and a lot of the enthusiasm is from Nintendo fans giving it the benefit of the doubt because it had "Nintendo" written on it).
Here's an april fools joke from gamespot 2006 mockingly saying that the wii (or the revolution, as it was known back then) would be ahead of the console race by 2010.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/april-fools-analyst-revolution-will-take-lead-in-2010/1100-6146958/

Maybe it was a different culture among people my age at the time, but the "Revolution" was super hyped among people I talked to. No one talked about the prototyped 360 or PS3, the talk was all about Nintendo's new machine that you could control with motion.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#22Granadico_Posted 7/3/2014 1:34:59 PM
I remember way back in elementary school, all my friends were hyped for the "Revolution" cuz it was said to be able to play all the old Nintendo games. As kids who missed out on NES and SNES, we loved that
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#23Sad_FacePosted 7/3/2014 3:14:57 PM
iKhanic posted...
Also, maybe it's just me, but I feel like Nintendo making their hardware energy efficient doesn't really contribute to sales very much.

Efficiency in this context means the real world performance is only marginally worse the theoretical specs. Every electronic instrument never is 100% efficient as there is always some type of noise or inefficiency created from manufacturing or design that prevents this. In a quick example, remember the last time you bought an 8 GB USB drive and it didn't have the full 8 GBs? Well, USB drives usually ~90% of the advertised memory for this reason. And remember how the PS3 was touted as significantly stronger than the 360? Well, it was too inefficient in some aspects for developers to take advantage of and kept it on par with the 360.

So when Takeda means in this context is that whatever specs Nintendo told the developers that the Wii U has, they can easily achieve it or get damn near close.
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.0.5