Several Mario Power-Up ideas of mine

#1wiiking96Posted 7/3/2014 10:56:45 AM
Gust Buddy
You get the "Gust Gloves" by touching a little friendly looking tornado (think tiny friendly tweeter). The Gust Gloves have a tornado symbol on them and glow light blue; Mario's outfit changes colors to light blue with white and grey wind patterned overalls.

When you press the attack button while standing or moving or airborne, Mario shoots a blast of air in the direction he is facing; this has great range, but it also has a kickback effect, meaning that it will halt his forward momentum if he is moving. It needs to be used carefully, especially while in the air. You can also charge up a more powerful blast, even while moving; this causes some kickback. Enemies are stunned the the blasts, allowing them to be picked off by running into them. If you press the jump button while in the air, Mario shoots a blast of wind towards the ground, propelling him straight upward (in addition to maintaining forward momentum). If you press the attack button while spinning (for a Spin Jump), Mario turns into a small tornado temporarily and can be maneuvered around

Ultra Magnet
Mario dons a red and blue metallic outfit with magnets on the top of his wrists pointing outward. Powerup looks like a pair of crossed horse shoe blue & red magnets.

This is used to draw in and repulse metal objects and enemies, as well as zoom towards metal surfaces. This can be used to solve a variety of puzzles, attract nearby coins, and fight enemies. For example: You might pull down a metal wall to squash an enemy, or push a metal enemy into a lava pool. You use two different buttons for attracting and repelling.

ZAP Dragon
Mario dons a bright green and yellow glowing jumpsuit that resembles tie-dye. The actual powerup looks like a Snap Dragon, but it fluctuates between glowing yellow and green

Mario shoots balls of electricity that move in a corkscrew fashion, unaffected by gravity, and they home in slightly on enemies, which makes it so you don't have to be particularly accurate. They stun most enemies; some enemies are weak to them, and some are immune to it. Cannot be used underwater, but shooting one into a body of water causes a shockwave that fries nearby aquatic enemies. Ground pounding causes a small shockwave that also has the same effect as the balls on grounded enemies.

Blooper Suit
It looks like a normal Blooper with Mario's eyes visible where the eyes on the Blooper would normally be. Two tentacles are rather long and act as "arms". The actual powerup is comparable to the Penguin Suit powerup.

This is focused on underwater utility. It controls very differently than normal swimming; while in water, you're constantly moving straight forward slowly, and in order to change direction, you need to hold R and use the control stick to alter what direction the point is facing. Holding B increases your speed, tapping B makes you use a ramming attack, and moving the control stick while moving causes Mario long tentacles to whip around, potentially causing damage to enemies on the sides.

On land, there are several key differences to how Mario controls.
- Running for too long will cause Blooper Mario to fall over due to ineffective means of walking.
- You cannot wall jump, due to him not having available arms and legs.
- You cannot use any of the normal R button actions; R makes you use a tentacle spin attack instead in all contexts.
- Blooper Mario will grab onto nearby ledges with his longer tentacles.
- Pressing B will make Blooper Mario shoot a blob of ink forward in an arc, which either does damage to an enemy or leaves an ink puddle behind that can slip up enemies.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#2TullyBlanchardPosted 7/3/2014 12:28:23 PM
*sigh*
---
PSN and Nintendo Network ID: Dagatassy
#3IokuaPosted 7/3/2014 12:30:08 PM
Several terrible Mario power-up ideas of yours.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#4Muddy_ApePosted 7/3/2014 12:34:25 PM
I like these ideas. Pretty cool.
---
NNID/PSN: GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/6qxWz.jpg
#5toadiemanPosted 7/3/2014 12:37:56 PM
Maybe like a mole suit that lets you dig on the overworld to get to underground versions of worlds.
---
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos
#6wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 12:40:09 PM
Iokua posted...
Several terrible Mario power-up ideas of yours.

Because . . . ?
---
#7Alfieri xPosted 7/3/2014 12:41:59 PM
Muddy_Ape posted...

Yeah, they are nice, I liked the Magnet more. The blooper seems too based in Splatoon which may be good. Also don't listed to people that only try to discourage you without providing anything.
---
"I call upon thee in the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder.... Indignation!!!" - Genis Sage
#8wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 12:42:01 PM
toadieman posted...
Maybe like a mole suit that lets you dig on the overworld to get to underground versions of worlds.

A powerup that gives you a digging ability would indeed by cool, although we've already gotten the Spin Drill item in Galaxy 2.
---
#9UltraGoombaXPosted 7/3/2014 12:45:30 PM
Cool ideas. I sort of thought that they should bring back Metal Mario and implement magnet features. He could probably stick against magnet walls like Link did in Twilight Princess.
---
I am from planet Vegeta. Fear me!
#10wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 12:56:35 PM
Alfieri x posted...
Muddy_Ape posted...

Yeah, they are nice, I liked the Magnet more. The blooper seems too based in Splatoon which may be good. Also don't listed to people that only try to discourage you without providing anything.

I actually came up with the Blooper Suit way before we even knew that Splatoon was a thing; I think I came up with it before 3D World was even released.
---