Wii U or PS VITA for a secondary system ?

#81Demon_AckerPosted 7/5/2014 8:39:17 AM
The Wii U outsells the Vita worldwide almost all the time
I remember that month where the Vita sold 3.3k in the US...rough
---
http://i.imgur.com/jEtDldy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyu6dyI.gif
#82SlaysmePosted 7/5/2014 8:45:01 AM
Judgment100 posted...
This is a joke, right?...

Wii U. The VITA is such a dead system that even the VITA board is giving up on it wholesale. Sony's turning it into an accessory for the PS4, not a system, and they're dropping first party support. If you're bored of your PS4, I don't recommend buying a 200 accessory for it.

At least the Wii U still has a shot. Vita's pretty well dead.

Also, if you want away from the PS4, I'd recommend something that isn't Sony. Aim for variety, you know?

This kind of post is what kept the wiiU down, and is still hurting the vita. It's not the only reason, there is mishandling all around. But the Nintendo console has Nintendo titles, which will sell systems, regardless of trolls. Not the vita. It's a great console but the demographic can't go to a message board to research and find absolutely ridiculous amounts of trolling. Plenty on these boards too. , but like I said, Nintendo games sell.

Sorry judgement, I'm not calling YOU a troll. That's just the problem, that even non trolls have given up. Because it's like simple indoctrination. Hear the vita sucks long enough and you believe it. Vita is awesome. So is the wiiU, the 3ds, the ps's and Xboxes, pcs, macs, I thingies and AnnDroids. What ever you play on, play on!

It also depends on if you are a longtime ps+ member, and activated all the vita games.

If not, get wiiU now, activate those ps+ games every month, and pick up a vita on Black Friday.
---
Book reader master race. What now, chumps?
3ds FC-5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme nnid-smallwoodfamily
#83bandit__74Posted 7/5/2014 8:51:06 AM
TC, if you REALLY like Nintendo IPs and can't live without them, then a WiiU will make a nice secondary console. If not, and seeing as you already have a PS4, it would seem like the Vita would be a better purchase for you.

Forget what these people here are saying about sales numbers and future prospects. The Vita has a good library now, several interesting games upcoming and the ability to act as a companion device for your PS4. I'm assuming you have a PS+ subscription for your PS4, in which case you'll get even more out of owning a Vita.

I have no horse in this race, it really makes no difference to me what you do. But based on how you described your situation, it seems like the Vita would make more sense for your particular situation.
#84RobJ24Posted 7/5/2014 9:33:11 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Judgment100 posted...

Wii U. The VITA is such a dead system that even the VITA board is giving up on it wholesale. Sony's turning it into an accessory for the PS4, not a system, and they're dropping first party support. If you're bored of your PS4, I don't recommend buying a 200 accessory for it.

Also, if you want away from the PS4, I'd recommend something that isn't Sony. Aim for variety, you know?

Vita regularly outsells Wii U.

You fanboys always forget about that part...lol.

Vita only outsells the Wii U in handheld crazy Japan, you always forget that we live outside of Japan.
#85Lefty128kPosted 7/5/2014 12:59:33 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
Lefty128k posted...

Sales numbers won't matter so much if the company that made the thing is already acting like they've given up on it. The only attention they gave in their E3 Conference is to point out how it makes a great companion device to the Ps4, instead of talking about the titles it'll get, like they don't even view it as its own dedicated gaming system anymore.

You mean like Nintendo has given up on Wii U and it's tablet?

DKTF and MK8 don't even make real use of it.
#86Lefty128kPosted 7/5/2014 1:07:20 PM
RobJ24 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Judgment100 posted...

Vita only outsells the Wii U in handheld crazy Japan, you always forget that we live outside of Japan.

Vita outsells Wii U globally, Ignorant Fanboy.
#87Demon_AckerPosted 7/5/2014 1:12:29 PM
I guess he won't use VGChartz this time, lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/jEtDldy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyu6dyI.gif
#88mjc0961Posted 7/5/2014 2:02:43 PM
Sony just abandoned the Vita. So if you actually want to play games on your secondary system, Vita is a terrible choice.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#89mjc0961Posted 7/5/2014 2:03:45 PM
bandit__74 posted...
I have no horse in this race,

Yes you do
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#90MetroidJunkiePosted 7/5/2014 2:06:31 PM
Lefty128k posted...

You mean like Nintendo has given up on Wii U and it's tablet?

DKTF and MK8 don't even make real use of it.

That Project Robot game made extensive use of the game-pad so that's at least one game they showed for it. Sony showed.... nothing for the Vita except talking about how you can hook it up to your Ps4. Don't want a Ps4 but want a Vita? Too bad.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.