I got Sonic Lost World as a prize

#11PantherStarLord(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 8:02:16 AM
I thought Adventures felt buggy, with Sonic falling through walls and the homing attack made me nervous everytime I had to aim something. The stages in A1 were too short and too few. And only Sonic had decent gameplay =/ Hated the HUB world too.
I thought the atmosphere in A2 was offputting with how edgy it tried to be. The stages felt too linear, and the other characters' gameplay got worse. Grind rails were very easy to miss. But there were a few fun stages at least, like Crazy Gadget.

CD would have been good but the stages were too confusing, the time travel was annoying to execute and the game wanted me to search for the machines while putting one-way paths forcing me to miss them forever. I didn't like the aesthetics of the levels either. The spindash felt laggy.
But the music was very good.
---
This is why Panther lives his life.
#12HighwayPilotPosted 7/4/2014 8:07:16 AM
I've played it for a bit last week and I liked it, played even more today and now I really like. I don't know why this game has a lower rating than secret rings. I found those controls a lot weirder to get used to.
#13PantherStarLord(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 8:27:26 AM
Starting to think I don't have to worry then

Any tips for someone to play the game in a few weeks?
---
This is why Panther lives his life.
#14xellos667Posted 7/4/2014 8:55:37 AM
Don't rage quit because you die. Like some of us have said, this game is a very different Sonic experience. Some parts can be really hard until you "Get it", and when you do, the feeling you have is just too awesome, when you see Sonic flowing through the stages with all his parkour move. Just be patient, and take the time to learn. Unlike some previous Sonic titles, it's not a game where you're supposed to 1-life every stage.
---
My 3DS & Wii U digital games collection:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#15hydra_dragonPosted 7/4/2014 9:06:18 AM
PantherStarLord posted...

I really want to learn how to play like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqaP5LnyBWQ

Dang. And people said this game was slow.
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#16Kabuto_YPosted 7/4/2014 9:11:46 AM
The game plays a bit slower than other Sonic games, and really has much more of a Mario Galaxy feel. I still enjoyed it though, and it's probably on par with Colors.

Don't forget to grab the two free DLC stages. They've released a Yoshi's Island and a Zelda style stage for the game.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica
#17MARl0Posted 7/4/2014 9:25:35 AM
PantherStarLord posted...
Starting to think I don't have to worry then

I'm not exaggerating when I say to avoid the game at all costs. It's seriously unbelievably bad. I'll just feel really bad for you if you make the same mistake I did. Save your money for a better game.
---
Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) / Tomodachi Life (3DS)
#18xellos667Posted 7/4/2014 9:46:19 AM(edited)
His title clearly said he got it as a prize, so he's not losing any money on it.

Plus, just don't say that it's bad, give actual reason for it, not only that it's a complete mess, because at this point, it's just a clash of opinions, and I can say you're 100% wrong and my opinion will be as valid as yours.

At this point we all know that people hate this game because either one or many of the following reasons 1.It's hard, 2.The controls are weird, 3.It's not the same Sonic as before (not only control-wise but speed wise too). And all of those reasons can be nulled if you just play the game with the intention of learning it and a different mind-set than previous Sonic games. It's a different experience, totally worth experiencing IMHO.
---
My 3DS & Wii U digital games collection:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku