Good video that relates to Nintendo's kiddy image

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 7/4/2014 9:36:58 PM
I always felt that Nintendo's kiddy image had a strong connection to the Animation Age Ghetto (The belief that animation is just for children). But this video basically describes Nintendo's overall design philosophy, they make games they think they would enjoy, not what they think some target audience enjoys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Vq-aBaB6Q

Keep in mind, it doesn't have much to do with Nintendo, but its a good watch for anyone who only plays what's supposedly for their age range.
#2HermeticJusticePosted 7/4/2014 9:40:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3MetroidJunkiePosted 7/4/2014 10:11:17 PM
I thought Nintendo's kiddy image was from forcing third parties to censor their games, something they haven't really done since the later N64 days.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#4HermeticJusticePosted 7/4/2014 10:12:25 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
I thought Nintendo's kiddy image was from forcing third parties to censor their games, something they haven't really done since the later N64 days.

that was mainly NOA, not NOJ
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#5MetroidJunkiePosted 7/4/2014 10:13:25 PM
HermeticJustice posted...

Japan had some weird censorships of their own, like Doom 64 having green blood and RE4 removing decapitations.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#6teh1337gosuPosted 7/4/2014 10:35:56 PM
I never saw Nintendo as kiddy, they are more surrealist.

People don't say Finding Nemo is kiddy right? Even animal crossing which is cute is really kind of bizzare.

Kiddy to me is something like Sesame street, where an adult really couldn't enjoy the show.
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#7GenjiRedPosted 7/4/2014 10:44:39 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
HermeticJustice posted...

Japan had some weird censorships of their own, like Doom 64 having green blood and RE4 removing decapitations.

Japan is sex over violence and USA is violence over sex.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#8MetroidJunkiePosted 7/4/2014 10:49:45 PM
GenjiRed posted...

Japan is sex over violence and USA is violence over sex.

You know what's a great example of that?

http://www.schnittberichte.com//www/SBs/4188/overbabepc.jpg

http://www.schnittberichte.com//www/SBs/4188/overbabe64.jpg

Showing the side of their breasts and their buttock? Nope, it's far less objectionable to show them torn in half with their spinal cords hanging out.
---
#9SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/4/2014 10:54:53 PM
TheMisterManGuy posted...
basically describes Nintendo's overall design philosophy, they make games they think they would enjoy, not what they think some target audience enjoys.

Iwata has said that before they make games for themselves, and other people just happen to like them.
#10DashingfellaPosted 7/4/2014 11:11:24 PM
Didn't Fire Emblem Awakening had censored DLC? Bravely Default was also censored. And supposedly a SMT game had a demon with nipples that was also censored. Not censored since late N64, right.
---
I <3 Vita