y ppl so hard on Wii U??

#41mtKing52Posted 7/5/2014 9:16:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#42Granadico_Posted 7/5/2014 9:27:16 AM
While the population post is kinda too blunt to be considered a good argument, it kinda makes sense in a way.
In 2004 there were 6 billion people on earth. Now there's 8 billion(?) i think. While this is obviously oversimplifying it, PS4 has an extra 2 billion people to sell to than the PS2.
Like how the movie industry kinda cheats with "this movie made 10 billion dollars!" when movie prices are way higher than before (even with inflation), and there's IMAX and 3D and 3D IMAX, etc, what matters more is how many tickets were sold. And even then that goes against my argument. The only way my argument would work is if we go by "percentage of the population who owned/watched ____" but tat seems like a weird statistic.
\endrantcuziwastalkingoutofmyassthewholetime
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#43bandit__74Posted 7/5/2014 9:34:05 AM
Granadico_ posted...
While the population post is kinda too blunt to be considered a good argument, it kinda makes sense in a way.
In 2004 there were 6 billion people on earth. Now there's 8 billion(?) i think. While this is obviously oversimplifying it, PS4 has an extra 2 billion people to sell to than the PS2.
Like how the movie industry kinda cheats with "this movie made 10 billion dollars!" when movie prices are way higher than before (even with inflation), and there's IMAX and 3D and 3D IMAX, etc, what matters more is how many tickets were sold. And even then that goes against my argument. The only way my argument would work is if we go by "percentage of the population who owned/watched ____" but tat seems like a weird statistic.

Except that the vast majority of the population growth in that time has been in the developing world, India and China. Not exactly prime markets for the PS4...
#44Granadico_Posted 7/5/2014 9:35:52 AM
bandit__74 posted...
Granadico_ posted...

Except that the vast majority of the population growth in that time has been in the developing world, India and China. Not exactly prime markets for the PS4...

hence the "talking out of my ass part" lol that was a total stream of consciousness rant.
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#45emagdnEPosted 7/5/2014 9:37:41 AM
we are hard on Wii U because we have higher expectations of Nintendo than we do Sony or Microsoft

Sony and Microsoft, we expect pandering to the ignorant masses

Nintendo, we expect quality games

but Nintendo does not give us that anymore, so.....

The Wii U is like the Gamecube

Gamecube had good games
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#46MetroidJunkiePosted 7/5/2014 9:37:59 AM
So, by your logic, Mario is a jumping simulator, Doom is a weapons simulator, Pacman is a drug simulator, Zelda is a grass cutting simulator, Metroid is a space exploration simulator. Yep, I can keep this up all day.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#47CubeTVPosted 7/5/2014 9:43:42 AM
Mandrew257 posted...
Because trolls can't accept the fact that people actually enjoy their Wii U's.

I own one and honestly find it to be... terrible. It has nothing going for it right now and I don't see myself keeping it unless I have a extra system to play so Wii U can be the "extra" system that I don't feel bad for playing at all. I might get a PS3 which is going to be sweet. Hope my Wii U doesn't break because I have a PS3 though.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#48bandit__74Posted 7/5/2014 9:52:03 AM
Granadico_ posted...
bandit__74 posted...
Granadico_ posted...

hence the "talking out of my ass part" lol that was a total stream of consciousness rant.

Lol. Fair enough. It's just that some people actually posited that seriously.
#49king_maddenPosted 7/5/2014 10:22:50 AM
Pink_Beaver posted...
king_madden posted...
Ps2 still took about a year to get to 10mil sales, and ps4 is about a million from that with about 5-6 months left.

Because Earths population is like double what it was back the . You have to adjust for inflation. It's like how every year a new movie is smashing box office records.

But you do know the added population is from like 13 to 1 month old right? I doubt all the 13 year olds to toddlers are the reason more movies are being watched and a large number of games are being bought. Especially with a large amount of them in areas where game systems don't sell well anyway.

@suigintouev
I figured you had a terrible name for open world games, you had the same terrible grouping another genres too.

@metroid
Not sure if serious...
#50MetroidJunkiePosted 7/5/2014 10:47:15 AM
king_madden posted...

But you do know the added population is from like 13 to 1 month old right? I doubt all the 13 year olds to toddlers are the reason more movies are being watched and a large number of games are being bought. Especially with a large amount of them in areas where game systems don't sell well anyway.

@suigintouev
I figured you had a terrible name for open world games, you had the same terrible grouping another genres too.

@metroid
Not sure if serious...

I'm pretty sure that's counting the people who were just born in the Ps2 era and are finally old enough to play consoles, hence why they'd go for the Ps4 now. Also, I was joking. I was pointing out how, if someone is going to simplify a game as 'hiking simulator' just because it has a lot of mountains to traverse, then you could use the same logic for any game that has you doing some kind of monotonous activity over and over.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.