Which age group is the Wii U mainly for?

#21terrancejonesPosted 7/5/2014 8:51:14 AM
Can't vote. No Everyone category.
---
Pending Signature
#22Kefkas_RevengePosted 7/5/2014 9:06:12 AM
Some of these comments are ridiculous. The whole once ur 21 it stop or I'll be frowned upon is such bull. Nowadays 21 is still a kid, because a lot of today's generation is lazy and are about whats in it for them. I'm 35 and I grew up with Atari, nes, snes, genesis, turbo graphix, sega cd, 3do, n64, sega master system.....to name a few....and I'm proud of it. I am part of the golden generation of gaming and quite frankly the last generation before kids starting getting lazy ( it can be said that cell phones, online gaming, Internet is a main cause and if my generation had that as kids we probably would had been lazy as well). U are never too old for gaming....and if u were a child of the 80's and 90's it's in ur blood. I love Nintendo and thank god that they still believe in family roots and fun....something that I feel comfortable playing with my 3 yr old. Long live gaming and Nintendo!
#23Kefkas_RevengePosted 7/5/2014 9:10:23 AM
And I want to add that the average age for largest percentage of players keeps going up. Now it's 30-33. There is a reason for that because those of us who grew up in the golden era of gaming never left it and were getting older. Yes the older u get, the less time u have....but the passion never dies.
#24ALCPosted 7/5/2014 9:29:11 AM
If you think it is "sad" to play video games after a certain age, then you must feel the same way about movies and TV. The fact is, video games have been shown to essentially keep a person's mind healthier due to such an activity requiring a lot of active thinking. More and more studies are showing that playing video games can help delay mental issues such as Alzheimer's. Watching TV actually does "rot" the brain. Obviously, as with anything in life, moderation is a must.

The fact is, the stigma against a certain age+ playing video games being "immature" or "sad" needs to be dropped. It is another form of entertainment--just like reading a book or watching TV. Video games can appeal to everyone. I even just recently saw an old lady (at least 60's) playing AC:NL on her 3DS at the clinic my wife is doing field work in. When asked, she even appeared to be completely knowledgeable of the game's mechanics.

There are adults who claim they "don't have time" to play games, and yet watch hours of TV on a daily basis. I think that lying to yourself is what is really sad.
#25UponADarkThornePosted 7/5/2014 9:36:08 AM
Pink_Beaver posted...

Going to bars, going to clubs, going on dates, getting a legitimate job that isn't retail/food service/labor, writing a screenplay etc

Went to bars and clubs, didn't have a "legitimate job" since I had (and still have to) take care of my sick father full time. No screen play, mind you... But I am trying to write a novel. Feel free to criticize my primary influences, however: Tolkien, Lovecraft, Gaiman, Martin, and Moorcock.

Still play video games, too.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914; NNID: MisterNoOne
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, Sliggoo
#26MichaelS91Posted 7/5/2014 9:43:09 AM
Meant to be everyone but it would be a challenge to find any child under 13/14 who wants a wii u. I worked in a primary school last year and in the run up to Christmas a lot of the 7-11 olds wanted xboxes and ps4s or video games for the 360 and ps3 or a ds. And never once seen a child looking at wii u games, doubt they know they even exist.
---
NNID: stretfordender91
PSN: m-smith1991
#27SgtInfinityPosted 7/5/2014 9:45:44 AM
Pink_Beaver posted...
amadeofan1 posted...
Pink_Beaver posted...
As with ALL consoles, age 12-21. It starts to get a little sad after 21, sorry

I'll bite because I'm procrastinating writing a paper. As someone older than 21, what is an appropriate hobby for me?

Going to bars, going to clubs, going on dates, getting a legitimate job that isn't retail/food service/labor, writing a screenplay etc

LOL ok.
#28SaltyBotzPosted 7/5/2014 9:46:58 AM
12 and under.
#29ALCPosted 7/5/2014 9:53:37 AM
Pink_Beaver posted...
amadeofan1 posted...
Pink_Beaver posted...
As with ALL consoles, age 12-21. It starts to get a little sad after 21, sorry

I'll bite because I'm procrastinating writing a paper. As someone older than 21, what is an appropriate hobby for me?

I didn't notice this post earlier. Wow, this guy is so cool. Funny thing is, with the sort of mentality he is displaying, you can tell he is clearly under the age of 18.

People who are over the age of 21 start to realize that the whole going to bars and clubs thing gets old. Drinking even gets kind of stale. I did a lot of drinking when I was in the Army, and now it is time to be an adult and be done with that whole party phase. It is still nice to have a few beers once in awhile, but I have no desire to get wasted or drink more than once a week. Now I have a family to take care of. Funny thing is, one of the best family activities is playing video games together.

Going on a date or having a social life is important, but all things in life should be done in moderation. You can still have a social life and play video games. You can even combine them.

I could go on, but basically, everything that was said does not have to exclude video games. You're never too old to have fun.
#30bandit__74Posted 7/5/2014 9:56:13 AM
Pyromaniac Roy posted...
Neither the Wii U or 3DS really 'have' demographics. If anything, they're both aimed at parents.

QFT. I can vouch for this.