Things Nintendo needs to do/not do for the next Console

#11Granadico_Posted 7/7/2014 3:51:48 PM
Unown_201 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
CubeTV posted...
They need to have a singular controller. None of this "one controller for one game, another for another". It's really annoying.

Agreed. The controller situation is a complete mess. They need to simplify it.

I think the recent patent about swappable buttons is likely to be used for the next console/handheld.
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-patents-handheld-swappable-buttons/
In theory it could be great, as long as they have a standard set of controls, you can customise the controller however you want, even change it for different games.
If you want extra assignable buttons for a certain game, add some. If you need an extra analog stick, add one. Just want a + pad and a few buttons for playing NES games? No problem...

I completely forgot about that. That'd be awesome, as long as all the different types come with it and you don't gotta buy em esperately.
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#12Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2014 3:53:06 PM
Sonytendo posted...
1-4 Agree
5 I am anti-trophy. I don't want achievements standard
6&7 agree
8 Objectively false but I agree. People wanted, asked for and will buy MP10. People won't buy the next F-Zero/Starfox in the same numbers. Mario Party is just so awful I'd much rather have Mother 4.
9 Nintendo already has a few VR related patents and said they will join in when it's time.
10 Well this one makes the entire thread useless and I disagree strongly. They must always take input from others. The Wii U is what happens when it's all them.

Achievements are optional, you can ignore them if you don't like them, and for 10 I was thinking they probably don't care in what situation the WiiU is in compared to the rest, it might even be doing well from their POV, if that's the case then they should stick to whatever they want to do.
---
3DS = 4656-6629-1731 ---- PSN = Ysonline-4 ---- Steam = PixelEdged ---- XBOX = PixelEdged
#13rapscallion733Posted 7/7/2014 3:56:13 PM
I agree with a lot of your points. As much as I love Nintendo's outside the box mindset, without third party support their platforms may not seem as enticing to the average consumer.

I also agree that they need one standard controller, preferably one, in my opinion, based on the pro controller (except maybe with analogue triggers and a headphone jack). I think they should also however sell an improved version of the gamepad seperately that has much better range. They could advertise it as the ultimate extension for the console, like the perfect blend of Smartglass and PsVita remote play (which it already is).

On top of their fantastic first party titles, they should look into acquiring smaller western studios because there is a lack of them on Nintendo's platform. All of this is my opinion of course. I get that some people would rather Nintendo stay more unique and to some degree I feel the same
---
3DS FC: 3737-9768-5255
Pokemon White 2 FC: 5158-0831-8084
#14CubeTVPosted 7/7/2014 3:56:42 PM
Y S posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
CubeTV posted...
They need to have a singular controller. None of this "one controller for one game, another for another". It's really annoying.

Agreed. The controller situation is a complete mess. They need to simplify it.

Not only for gamers but 3rd party publishers/developers, pretty sure they look at the WiiU controller situation and pass on it for many reasons.

Thanks for agreeing. I honestly find it a breaking point for the system. I'd love to play Mario/Sonic Sochi 2014, Nintendo Land and Mario Party 10 (When it comes out), but can't due to the required Wii remote usage. I honestly wish the entire Wii menu didn't even exsist either because I think without it, the entire VC service from the Wii would HAVE to be ported over to the Wii U like the DSiWare is with the 3DS.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#15Cowboy0660Posted 7/7/2014 3:57:13 PM
1.compete graphically with the other systems generation wise. And make it OBVIOUS. None of this GameCube crap were it may have been more powerful or less powerful yatta yatta. Don't give people any way to downplay what maybe under the hood. Leave no one guessing. Make it so if a game looks worse on the system there is zero question as to wether it is a hardware issue or a lazy dev.

I know nintendo doesn't like to play the graphics game and I know people always say gameplay>graphics, but here's a thought; why can't we have both? I see no reason why there has to be a trade off in this department. Cutting edge graphics with cutting edge gameplay equals zero competition for the big N.

2. Get third party on board.

A system where I can get all my third party games (non downgraded versions) and nintendo games on the same system? Winner winner chicken dinner.

Honestly. This is all they need. If this is what they have, they win.
#16Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2014 5:00:32 PM
Cowboy0660 posted...
1.compete graphically with the other systems generation wise. And make it OBVIOUS. None of this GameCube crap were it may have been more powerful or less powerful yatta yatta. Don't give people any way to downplay what maybe under the hood. Leave no one guessing. Make it so if a game looks worse on the system there is zero question as to wether it is a hardware issue or a lazy dev.

I know nintendo doesn't like to play the graphics game and I know people always say gameplay>graphics, but here's a thought; why can't we have both? I see no reason why there has to be a trade off in this department. Cutting edge graphics with cutting edge gameplay equals zero competition for the big N.

2. Get third party on board.

A system where I can get all my third party games (non downgraded versions) and nintendo games on the same system? Winner winner chicken dinner.

Honestly. This is all they need. If this is what they have, they win.

They don't need to win but appeal to more developers and consumers by making better choices.
---
3DS = 4656-6629-1731 ---- PSN = Ysonline-4 ---- Steam = PixelEdged ---- XBOX = PixelEdged
#17Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 8:24:02 AM
Just forgot about the whole Live Streaming stuff too, they should get into that.
---