I can't decide if I should get Paper Mario or not.

#11BrianCraigSmithPosted 7/8/2014 1:36:54 PM
Juju_Architect_ posted...
Save them. It's not worth it to spend coins in Wii mode restricted rewards.

I've never played the N64 original, but I loved the Gamecube version. I'll buy that one in a heartbeat.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
NNID: Handsomistic15
#12Pink_a_DinkPosted 7/8/2014 1:38:41 PM
MarioGamer12345 posted...
BetrayedTangy posted...
save them

this! Paper Mario is not a good game.

Sir, I'm going to have to politely ask you to leave the premises.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
#13Ritster21Posted 7/8/2014 1:53:49 PM
Never use Club Nintendo coins for the games.

It's a complete waste.
---
FC is 4038-6283-8425
#14godsizedragePosted 7/8/2014 2:04:29 PM
every time I try to download this it keeps telling me it is not ready for distribution?? but i got metal torrent just fine on my 3ds??? anyone else going through this??
---
I am the danger...I am the one who knocks
#15Juju_Architect_Posted 7/8/2014 2:43:04 PM
Ritster21 posted...

It's a complete waste.

I'd say the opposite. I couldn't care less for the physical rewards. And some games you're iffy about spending money at could surprise you.
I wouldn't know Rolling Western was so fun if I hadn't used coins in it. I don't think soundtrack CDs, posters, charging cradles or 3DS carrying bags are worth spending coins at.
---
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban
#16The_Krazy_OnePosted 7/8/2014 2:48:03 PM
godsizedrage posted...
every time I try to download this it keeps telling me it is not ready for distribution?? but i got metal torrent just fine on my 3ds??? anyone else going through this??

You need to get it from the Wii Shop Channel in Wii Mode. Paper Mario isn't on the eShop which is why it tells you "it is not ready for distribution".
---
Nintendo Network ID: TKrazyO
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/user/TKrazyO
#17Ritster21Posted 7/8/2014 4:41:11 PM
Juju_Architect_ posted...
Ritster21 posted...

It's a complete waste.

I'd say the opposite. I couldn't care less for the physical rewards. And some games you're iffy about spending money at could surprise you.
I wouldn't know Rolling Western was so fun if I hadn't used coins in it. I don't think soundtrack CDs, posters, charging cradles or 3DS carrying bags are worth spending coins at.

Oh, I agree with you. I don't think soundtracks, CDs, posters, etc, are worth it either.

It just amazed me to see people say "OMG! I could finally play Paper Mario!!" when it has been on the VC for years.

They say they don't want to spend the $10, yet they buy Indie games like Shovel Knight for $15.

Ridiculous.

You should only spend on your coins on super rare items when they come out.

Like the Golden Nunchuck or the Luigi Statue.
---
FC is 4038-6283-8425
#18SoulreaperX112Posted 7/8/2014 4:45:08 PM
BrianCraigSmith posted...
You can't use the GamePad or Pro Controller? WTF Nintendo? In order to use a Classic Controller I'd need a Wiimote too, right? Man I don't even have one of those...

Its currently only a wii title atm and there is no Wii U pro controller or pad support for the Wii VC. When the game pops up on the eshop you can buy the upgraded version for around a $1-$2.
#19Juju_Architect_Posted 7/8/2014 4:46:42 PM
Golden nunchuk won't cost 2000+ coins. So even if someone saved everything they'd still have a lot of coins to spare.

What will I do with a Luigi statue? Put it in my desk and stare at it? I'd rather get a couple free games.
I know some people like those collectables but preferring them over games is only a matter of opinion. A lot of people don't care for collecting things for sake of collecting. Which is why digital sales for games have been increasing in Nintendo platforms despite most people in this website cringing at the thought of not owning the physical disc and case.
---
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban
#20brentendo3Posted 7/8/2014 4:50:36 PM
Paper Mario is tied with Banjo Tooie as my favourite game of all time, so I would get it. Also there's a good chance Nintendo will release PM for Wii U VC, so you can transfer it then (for $1).