Question about Wii U Virtual Console

#1MrSeckseePosted 7/8/2014 4:27:37 PM
If a game originally supported simultaneous multiplayer (e.g. Ice Climber, Clu-Clu Land, etc.), if I bought it on the Wii U's Virtual Console, would it still support simultaneous multiplayer? If not, then what kind of advantages would there be in buying the game on the Wii U's VC over the Wii's VC?
#2ghgod17_xdxPosted 7/8/2014 4:34:57 PM
They do, you just have to add a player 2 through another controller.
---
Did you know? The saltiness in the ocean comes from the tears of misunderstood sharks who just want to cuddle.
#3MrSecksee(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 4:44:10 PM
@ghgod17_xdx
Thanks for answering my question. I was a little bit worried when Nintendo's website listed some of the games as having alternating multiplayer instead of simultaneous multiplayer.
#4ghgod17_xdxPosted 7/8/2014 7:01:44 PM
NES and SNES games should work. Not too sure on GBA games, and no problem. ;D
---
Did you know? The saltiness in the ocean comes from the tears of misunderstood sharks who just want to cuddle.
#5Groudon199Posted 7/8/2014 7:04:14 PM
ghgod17_xdx posted...
NES and SNES games should work. Not too sure on GBA games, and no problem. ;D

GBA games won't have multiplayer.
---
Replace "it's" with "it is". If it doesn't make sense, use "its".
Same idea with "your" and "you're".
#6CubeTVPosted 7/8/2014 7:18:13 PM
ghgod17_xdx posted...
hey do, you just have to add a player 2 through another controller.

That won't work. Like a lot of things on the Wii U, it is very puzzling as to why it was made like this.

You have to add another controller which registers as player 1 as well, then either:

A. Go into the VC menu and change the gamepad as player 2
or
B. Get a third controller controller (gamepad, X controller 1, then X controller 2) and register that on the system so it will be player 2
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#7ghgod17_xdxPosted 7/8/2014 7:26:14 PM
Well I probably should've explained that, but that's what I meant. I forgot it registers it as Player 1 initially.
---
#8Xenesis XenonPosted 7/8/2014 7:30:19 PM
Groudon199 posted...
GBA games won't have multiplayer.

Well, GBA games won't have Link Cable multiplayer. Those that had Multiplayer modes on the same GBA (Advance Wars, WarioWare Mega Microgames) will.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.