Nintendo Never Going To Make a "realistic" game?

#11QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 6:31:39 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
kirby's epic yarn looks pretty photorealistic to me. it looks like actual yarn and paper crafts stuff.

I am sorry that I used that word, I was trying to say games that have people and real things. Not an imaginary puff that walks. A game in the likes of Mass Effect and Uncharted were its obviously unrealistic in the actual world but the art-style is based off of real life. If that makes sense.
---
guaranteed to meet or exceed the quality standards of the leading brand.
#12GigerSupremePosted 7/9/2014 6:34:09 AM
QlJGamer posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
kirby's epic yarn looks pretty photorealistic to me. it looks like actual yarn and paper crafts stuff.

I am sorry that I used that word, I was trying to say games that have people and real things. Not an imaginary puff that walks. A game in the likes of Mass Effect and Uncharted were its obviously unrealistic in the actual world but the art-style is based off of real life. If that makes sense.

the problem with those games, is they will age horribly and will look awful in a few years and wont look realistic. yet, wind waker still looks as good as any game today.
#13AvirosbPosted 7/9/2014 6:34:56 AM
QlJGamer posted...
ME's art-style is based off of real life?
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#14AkaneJonesPosted 7/9/2014 6:35:03 AM
QlJGamer posted...

Nintendo didn't develop this game.

Confirmed Troll

This is how it works > Is Nintendo going to make X? > Gets a legit response > Responds with not a NintendoHQL game. Then if that team does finally make one try to use anything to discount it. Steel Diver is also an option, but 3DS is limited so it won't look like that.

The problem is it's never lodged at Sony, that one of the side studios made it so its not Sony or something, it only use to discount Nintendo games. There's always an excuse and that shows it.
#15Sir_HaxorPosted 7/9/2014 6:40:32 AM
I'm more baffled by the people who think "cartoony" graphics require less processing power than "realistic" ones.

A brown and grey texture is not more taxing on hardware than a red and yellow one. The worse thing is the people who post this aren't even trolling, they really believe it.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#16QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 6:41:04 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
QlJGamer posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

the problem with those games, is they will age horribly and will look awful in a few years and wont look realistic. yet, wind waker still looks as good as any game today.

why do i care if a game ages horribly. In my opinion out with the old in with the new. And Wind Waker does not look as good as any game today, that is simply a gross hyperbole.
---
#17Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/9/2014 6:41:30 AM
You say "photo-realism", but the games that you mention "Assassin Creed, Mass Effect, Uncharted" are not photo-realistic.

We are not at that level of technology to truly create photo-realist games.
Tech demos mean nothing.
Even the tech demos that they showed for the PS4 fell heavily into the uncanny valley.

Until we reach a time where game engines can pass the Uncanny Valley, it will always be best to choose some sort of designed aesthetic.
I strongly recommend that you learn the value of Graphics vs Aesthetics in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oK8UTRgvJU

The games that you mentioned use an aesthetic, but I'm not sure if "photo-realism" is the best term to describe them.

Regardless, stylized games generally hold up better in the test of time.
See Half-Life (1) for PC vs Wind Waker for GC.
#18GigerSupremePosted 7/9/2014 6:44:10 AM
QlJGamer posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
QlJGamer posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

why do i care if a game ages horribly. In my opinion out with the old in with the new. And Wind Waker does not look as good as any game today, that is simply a gross hyperbole.

because thats how you know if you are playing a good game. and wind waker does look as good as any game today. no hyberbole.
you cant find a real reason to prove otherwise.
#19AvirosbPosted 7/9/2014 6:47:18 AM
QlJGamer posted...
And Wind Waker does not look as good as any game today, that is simply a gross hyperbole.
And what looks 'good' or not is subjective.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#20QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 6:47:36 AM
AkaneJones posted...
QlJGamer posted...

Nintendo didn't develop this game.

Confirmed Troll

This is how it works > Is Nintendo going to make X? > Gets a legit response > Responds with not a NintendoHQL game. Then if that team does finally make one try to use anything to discount it. Steel Diver is also an option, but 3DS is limited so it won't look like that.

The problem is it's never lodged at Sony, that one of the side studios made it so its not Sony or something, it only use to discount Nintendo games. There's always an excuse and that shows it.

Nintendo did not develop that game, a simple Google search and you would know Arika another Japanese developer did.

I included Xenoblade in the running but it looks more like an Anime to me then a "realistic" game.

I can even discuss with you, but you are wrong on some many levels. and go back and read my original post because I included Xenoblade or X as you call it in that post.
---