Nintendo Never Going To Make a "realistic" game?

#81GigerSupremePosted 7/9/2014 8:07:02 AM
Evilmonster posted...
I would like Nintendo to try a realistic game.

I want to see their take on it. A realistic Zelda-esque game (along the lines of Assassins Creed) would be legendary or a realistic RPG similar to Final Fantasy (instead of Paper Marios or M&L)

It's not so much the argument of should they or why should they, but why not? It's fun to talk about what their game would be like and not this back and forth argument that's been in this topic...

meh, it sounds boring. rather see nintendo invent a new artstyle.
#82QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 8:08:17 AM
Evilmonster posted...
I would like Nintendo to try a realistic game.

I want to see their take on it. A realistic Zelda-esque game (along the lines of Assassins Creed) would be legendary or a realistic RPG similar to Final Fantasy (instead of Paper Marios or M&L)

It's not so much the argument of should they or why should they, but why not? It's fun to talk about what their game would be like and not this back and forth argument that's been in this topic...

Thank You, I needed you in here.
---
guaranteed to meet or exceed the quality standards of the leading brand.
#83GigerSupremePosted 7/9/2014 8:11:46 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...
DragonAtma posted...
As long as a game is fun, it's utterly irrelevant whether it's photorealistic or not.

Photorealism has more to do with the art of a game than the game-play so it's a little apples to oranges there. The problem with photorealism is it's really hard to make perfect and any little flaw can plunge it into the uncanny valley, which is why it's easier to just use stylized graphics that can get away with little imperfections without looking creepy.

actually photorealism does affect your gameplay.

it determines a game's animation and pacing. cant have real looking characters jumping like mario, or swing a blade like link or raiden.

realism sucks.
#84iKhanicPosted 7/9/2014 8:12:55 AM
I'd be willing to bet that we will see a game from Next Level soon in the style you are referring to.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#85pillsburyboy22Posted 7/9/2014 8:15:58 AM(edited)
QlJGamer posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...
QlJGamer posted...

Correction: Disney does indeed make r-rated movies, if "other companies" is own by Disney then Disney made the movie.

Kinda like when Monolith Soft makes a game and its still a Nintendo game because Nintendo owns Monolith Soft.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but this post proves you are either a troll or just stupid.

None of Disney's subsidiaries make R-rated movies. Only their affiliates.

I'll put it into simple terms for you. A subsidiary is equivalent to Monolith. An affiliate is equivalent to Platinum games making Bayonetta for the Wii U.

I am PRETTY sure I can find a company owned by Disney that made or makes R-rated movies.
Disney owns like half of the media world, I am sure I will find a movie hold on...

Disney's first R-rated film, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, is released under the Touchstone banner

Touchstone is WHOLLY owned by Disney.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware Disney actually owned Touchstone.

Having said that, if you are counting subsidiaries then Nintendo HAS published M-rated games. Eternal Darkness springs to mind. And the example you gave of Xenoblade. That's a T-rated game. There are plenty of examples of subsidiaries making T and M rated games for Nintendo in the same way Touchstone does for Disney.
#86plasmawisp1713Posted 7/9/2014 8:13:32 AM
Pikmin 3 is pretty photo-realistic. At least with the environment.
---
Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#87MetroidJunkiePosted 7/9/2014 8:15:06 AM(edited)
The closest a Nintendo franchise has gotten to attempting photorealistic people is probably this;

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111029163836/metroid/de/images/7/70/Castor_Dane.jpg

Although the graphical limitations of the Wii obviously meant that they were limited in that regard.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#88Lil_Bit83Posted 7/9/2014 8:15:21 AM
who cares if they do or not? as long as a game is fun
---
A good game's a good game, so why do we have console wars?
#89SythisTaruPosted 7/9/2014 8:15:59 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
renzsweet posted...
You know, both Assassins Creed and Mass Effect are both on the WiiU.

photorealistic graphics sure as hell didnt make those games better.

AC wouldn't be nearly as interesting if the historical buildings didn't look historically accurate (like they do now). It's the only reason I play the series.
#90TerotrousPosted 7/9/2014 8:17:44 AM
SythisTaru posted...
AC wouldn't be nearly as interesting if the historical buildings didn't look historically accurate (like they do now). It's the only reason I play the series.

I bet a stylized AC could be equally cool. Take a look at how Okami portrays historic Japan, for example. I could totally see a European equivalent using a Renaissance-esque art style.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly