Nintendo Never Going To Make a "realistic" game?

#91QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 7:20:15 AM
pillsburyboy22 posted...
QlJGamer posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...
QlJGamer posted...

Correction: Disney does indeed make r-rated movies, if "other companies" is own by Disney then Disney made the movie.

Kinda like when Monolith Soft makes a game and its still a Nintendo game because Nintendo owns Monolith Soft.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but this post proves you are either a troll or just stupid.

None of Disney's subsidiaries make R-rated movies. Only their affiliates.

I'll put it into simple terms for you. A subsidiary is equivalent to Monolith. An affiliate is equivalent to Platinum games making Bayonetta for the Wii U.

I am PRETTY sure I can find a company owned by Disney that made or makes R-rated movies.
Disney owns like half of the media world, I am sure I will find a movie hold on...

Disney's first R-rated film, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, is released under the Touchstone banner

Touchstone is WHOLLY owned by Disney.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware Disney actually owned Touchstone.

Having said that, if you are counting subsidiaries then Nintendo HAS published M-rated games. Eternal Darkness springs to mind. Not to mention Rare was a second-party developer during the N64 era that published many M-rated games. And the example you gave of Xenoblade. That's a T-rated game. There are plenty of examples of second party developers making T and M rated games for Nintendo in the same way Touchstone does for Disney.

I see that you still don't get it. Touchstone isn't second party Touchstone is FIRST PARTY.
Disney OWNS TOUCHSTONEEEEE

The point of this conversation is Nintendo Developing a different type of game.

When I was talking about Xenoblade Chronicle X(not being realistic/anime-like)... guess what that's FIRST PARTY. And I don't know how you got hung up on ESRB rating. You are all over the place. You seem like you can't even grasp the discussion. Go back and RE READ it carefully, then think then post.
---
guaranteed to meet or exceed the quality standards of the leading brand.
#92SythisTaruPosted 7/9/2014 7:22:21 AM
Did you guys see that new Mario car commercial? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc59X7xS2ts&feature=kp this is just the beginning.
#93MetroidJunkiePosted 7/9/2014 7:22:36 AM
pillsburyboy22 posted...

Fair enough. I wasn't aware Disney actually owned Touchstone.

Having said that, if you are counting subsidiaries then Nintendo HAS published M-rated games. Eternal Darkness springs to mind. And the example you gave of Xenoblade. That's a T-rated game. There are plenty of examples of subsidiaries making T and M rated games for Nintendo in the same way Touchstone does for Disney.

You forgot one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC-O2vW_wTA
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#94harold317Posted 7/9/2014 7:36:54 AM
Nintendo put themselves out of the graphics race after the Gamecube. They probably realized that they can do other styles just fine instead of cranking up the graphics department to a bajillion and having to sell millions of copies to make a profit or just break even. I'd rather have Mario and Zelda selling few millions (or less) but the series still going, than having Capcom saying that they sold 5 MILLION COPIES of Resident Evil 6 and that "it missed sales expectations", even when it has better graphics than anything that Nintendo has ever done before. Nintendo knows their finances better than most companies, and they're not ashamed to admit when it's not economically viable to do something, even if this means getting backlash from all the 14 year olds on the internet.
#95Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/9/2014 7:41:48 AM
Nope, graphics are unrelated to gameplay and therefore Nintendo has little reason to do so.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#96SythisTaruPosted 7/9/2014 7:44:19 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Nope, graphics are unrelated to gameplay and therefore Nintendo has little reason to do so.

But they are related to immersion and that is the most important aspect of gaming.
#97MajinKogahazanPosted 7/9/2014 7:45:39 AM
There isn't really anything Nintendo could do with a realistic game anyway, most of it has been done and if they tried it would turn out as well as the efforts of their competitors , especially since I don't think most of Nintendo's fans care about realism.

Making a game realistic actually ends up limiting its potential to break the mold anyway.
---
3DS FC: 2449 - 5765 - 2688 PM me and I'll add you
Joe, Joe, Joe, Funky Kong, Joe, Dry Bones, Toad
#98Granadico_Posted 7/9/2014 7:46:52 AM
Have you played Metroid Prime? That game is over a decade old, uses a pretty realistic art style, and i still think that's one of the best looking games there is. It made a perfect blend of art style and realism.
The problem with trying to make everything realistic is it requires very little artistic talent. It requires technical talent sure, but artistic talent? You're not making anything you're own, you're trying to make it something else.
Compare Banjo Kazoooie to Super Mario 64 (even though they were made years apart)
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/18/181336/2482289-banjo-kazooiegampelay2.jpg
Banjo focused more on art style than realism, and as a result, still holds up today and doesn't look like utter crap.
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13600000/Bowser-super-mario-64-13614121-640-480.jpg
Now compare art style to trying to replicate the real word (even though i don't think the picture is from N64, looks like Dolphin). I love SM64, but the graphics barely hold up.
That's the problem with trying to be realistic. They look like crap compared to everytihng else in a few years, while artistic games can still look good forever (aside from graphical limitations)
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#99AvirosbPosted 7/9/2014 7:50:19 AM
SythisTaru posted...
But they are related to immersion and that is the most important aspect of gaming.
One doesn't necessarily need graphics to feel immersed in a game.
Take Dwarf Fortress and tabletop role-playing games for instance.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#100MetroidJunkiePosted 7/9/2014 8:00:18 AM
Granadico_ posted...
Have you played Metroid Prime? That game is over a decade old, uses a pretty realistic art style, and i still think that's one of the best looking games there is. It made a perfect blend of art style and realism.
The problem with trying to make everything realistic is it requires very little artistic talent. It requires technical talent sure, but artistic talent? You're not making anything you're own, you're trying to make it something else.
Compare Banjo Kazoooie to Super Mario 64 (even though they were made years apart)
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/18/181336/2482289-banjo-kazooiegampelay2.jpg
Banjo focused more on art style than realism, and as a result, still holds up today and doesn't look like utter crap.
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13600000/Bowser-super-mario-64-13614121-640-480.jpg
Now compare art style to trying to replicate the real word (even though i don't think the picture is from N64, looks like Dolphin). I love SM64, but the graphics barely hold up.
That's the problem with trying to be realistic. They look like crap compared to everytihng else in a few years, while artistic games can still look good forever (aside from graphical limitations)

Are you trying to suggest that Super Mario 64 was going for realism any more than Banjo Kazooie was? The reason Banjo Kazooie looks much better is because they had much more time to learn how to get around the limitations of the N64 as best they could, Super Mario 64 was a launch title so you can't expect them to be very knowledgeable in graphical tricks at that point.

http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/ngamer/2012/05/Goldeneye-screenshot-2.jpg

Goldeneye was more realistically styled than Super Mario 64 but puts the former to shame for this reason.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.