YR: Retro Studios revives Ice Climbers but changes it into...

#31guedesbrawlPosted 7/10/2014 6:42:18 AM
o___Okami posted...
"Why the hell are they digging up this outdated fossil instead of creating a new IP? Can they not let IPs die with dignity as opposed to digging them up and parading around their mangled corpses? Who is actually asking for this except for a few people from the Smash Brothers crowd? Is there a single person who has asked for they became playable in the Smash Brothers series?"

yo know, to make them a little more rleevant to smash itself? it's not like the franchise wasn't sitting duck for 12 years after Melee brought them to the spotlight

and they could change it up so it's basically a new ip. there isn't exactly much in the NES game to steal from...
---
"I pride myself on being a fairly hardcore gamer. How tough am I? I grew up beating Contra in kindergarten... with no milk." - RatheV . Chrom for SSB4
#32GigerSupremePosted 7/10/2014 8:04:02 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
o___Okami posted...
"Why the hell are they digging up this outdated fossil instead of creating a new IP? Can they not let IPs die with dignity as opposed to digging them up and parading around their mangled corpses? Who is actually asking for this except for a few people from the Smash Brothers crowd? Is there a single person who has asked for they became playable in the Smash Brothers series?"

yo know, to make them a little more rleevant to smash itself? it's not like the franchise wasn't sitting duck for 12 years after Melee brought them to the spotlight

and they could change it up so it's basically a new ip. there isn't exactly much in the NES game to steal from...

its precisely why the kid icarus game worked out so great. for all intents and purposes, it basically is a new IP.
#33KiurxPosted 7/10/2014 9:05:35 AM(edited)
The only possible problem I see with the "ice" climbers is the diversity that would be needed for a platformer like this. Collect a thon platformers are designed to have good variety of diversed levels that make each worlds unique and fun to explore in.

Ice climbers are....as you know it ice climbers their main theme is snow and ice like places. I can't think of much that would make a snow theme unique. Mind you I'm one person but besides maybe a winter carnival level and a typical mountain level. Where else could you go? The North Pole? Sandra's factory? Besides the Santa factory all those levels would have extreme levels of white Colour in it. It wouldn't separate itself to make the world enjoyable enough to explore.

If they worlds aren't unique then whats the purpose if exploring it? If it's the world is going be very similar to the one before that it's going to be tiring. I mean a major flaw win some collect a thons is the fatigue of exploring these large worlds, making them blend together only makes it more tiring.
---
FC : 0318-6717-0940
Rank of the F*** club : Daemon's Persian
#34Granadico_Posted 7/10/2014 9:19:13 AM
Avirosb posted...
With implemented voice chat (if online), only the voices become softer and more distorted depending on the distance between players and the weather conditions.

That's one of the coolest ideas i've heard so far
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#35MithrilMonarchPosted 7/10/2014 11:23:47 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
MithrilMonarch posted...
Would rather have a 2D platformer.

we already have yoshi, kirby, donkey kong and mario doing side scrollers.

please, enough 2D platforrmers.

At least 2D platformers are (for the most part) consistently good, while 3D platformers are inconsistent as hell.
---
The terms 'JRPG' and 'WRPG' are stupid.
#36SmellyVonBeliPosted 7/10/2014 11:37:55 AM
Kahrain posted...
It could be fun, set new standards for the series for a few games, and generally be a game every Wii U owner should own.

Then after a few years we get to watch Nintendo give it to Team Ninja, sex up Nana, ruin most of what was fun about the series, and call it Ice Climbers: Ifferent D.

Yeah... I'm one of those people that are still sore about that one series.

I laughed at this
---
PINGAS
NNID: SmellyVonBeli, 3DS FC: 0602-6365-6568
#37GafemagePosted 7/10/2014 11:48:09 AM
If it were as polished & challenging as the Retro DKC games, I wouldn't be able to contain my hype!
---
Fire walk with me.