Is the tablet remote essential?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the tablet remote essential?

User Info: vertigostick40

vertigostick40
2 years ago#1
Why can't Nintendo do what MS is doing and sell a cheaper Wii U with ought the game pad *giggles hysterically*

I think it would be a good idea.

User Info: KungFuPhil

KungFuPhil
2 years ago#2
Honestly, one of the best things about the Wii U is the tablet.

I love being able to play some Mario Kart or New Super Mario Brothers while my GF watches TV.
PSN: Moar_Shtick

User Info: Matelite

Matelite
2 years ago#3
There's latency when playing off TV.
HEH HEH HEH
(message deleted)

User Info: morganvonvebb

morganvonvebb
2 years ago#5
vertigostick40 posted...
Why can't Nintendo do what MS is doing and sell a cheaper Wii U with ought the game pad *giggles hysterically*

People need to stop copying GoddessRosal1na.
FILTH - Katella - Bellagio - Westbrick -

User Info: Bellagio_5

Bellagio_5
2 years ago#6
It shouldn't be
Users that don't know what the word "troll" means or lack intelligence: Kool-AidMaster, morgan_von_veb.

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
2 years ago#7
vertigostick40 posted...

Yeah, except EVERYBODY'S already thought of it. And Nintendo isn't going to do it. The Kinect isn't required to play all available games. The GamePad is.
The next person that replies to me with, "I know, right?" to me will be answered with, "No, you're wrong."

User Info: Model_Omega

Model_Omega
2 years ago#8
Yes, you need the tablet, god this fact really needs to be a sticky, then people who ask this can get modded for off topic posting.
3DS FC: 2852-9037-5265 Pokemon X IGN: Brandon
Support B.C. Teachers! Down with the Liberal's oppression on bargaining rights!

User Info: Krambo42

Krambo42
2 years ago#9
Well, outside of making a couple of Miis and buying some things from the eshop, I haven't been using it. I'm not opposed to using it if a game requires me to, but so far I've been fine with my Classic Controller Pro.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
2 years ago#10
Because patches don't exist to some fans here.

Remote play on it is neat but hasn't been a big selling point for most since a lot of people either have a few tvs, a dedicated TV for gaming, or buy home consoles solely for the big TV home theater experience, so playing on a handheld defeats the purpose.

Also the poor range on it for a lot of people doesn't do it any favors, and 2 gamepad of TV support would've been tons better
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the tablet remote essential?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived