Is the tablet remote essential?

#1vertigostick40Posted 7/9/2014 8:53:20 AM
Why can't Nintendo do what MS is doing and sell a cheaper Wii U with ought the game pad *giggles hysterically*

I think it would be a good idea.
#2KungFuPhilPosted 7/9/2014 8:54:44 AM(edited)
Honestly, one of the best things about the Wii U is the tablet.

I love being able to play some Mario Kart or New Super Mario Brothers while my GF watches TV.
---
PSN: Moar_Shtick
#3MatelitePosted 7/9/2014 8:58:02 AM
There's latency when playing off TV.
---
HEH HEH HEH
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 7/9/2014 8:58:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5morganvonvebbPosted 7/9/2014 9:04:12 AM
vertigostick40 posted...
Why can't Nintendo do what MS is doing and sell a cheaper Wii U with ought the game pad *giggles hysterically*

People need to stop copying GoddessRosal1na.
---
FILTH - Katella - Bellagio - Westbrick -
#6Bellagio_5Posted 7/9/2014 9:26:22 AM
It shouldn't be
---
Users that don't know what the word "troll" means or lack intelligence: Kool-AidMaster, morgan_von_veb.
#7DrumguyPosted 7/9/2014 9:29:07 AM(edited)
vertigostick40 posted...

Yeah, except EVERYBODY'S already thought of it. And Nintendo isn't going to do it. The Kinect isn't required to play all available games. The GamePad is.
---
The next person that replies to me with, "I know, right?" to me will be answered with, "No, you're wrong."
#8Model_OmegaPosted 7/9/2014 9:31:56 AM
Yes, you need the tablet, god this fact really needs to be a sticky, then people who ask this can get modded for off topic posting.
---
3DS FC: 2852-9037-5265 Pokemon X IGN: Brandon
Support B.C. Teachers! Down with the Liberal's oppression on bargaining rights!
#9Krambo42Posted 7/9/2014 9:36:31 AM
Well, outside of making a couple of Miis and buying some things from the eshop, I haven't been using it. I'm not opposed to using it if a game requires me to, but so far I've been fine with my Classic Controller Pro.
#10king_maddenPosted 7/9/2014 9:36:33 AM
Because patches don't exist to some fans here.

Remote play on it is neat but hasn't been a big selling point for most since a lot of people either have a few tvs, a dedicated TV for gaming, or buy home consoles solely for the big TV home theater experience, so playing on a handheld defeats the purpose.

Also the poor range on it for a lot of people doesn't do it any favors, and 2 gamepad of TV support would've been tons better