so jsut want to know (will have WiiU in a few days)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. so jsut want to know (will have WiiU in a few days)

User Info: lavos24551h

lavos24551h
2 years ago#1
is it possible to access the full library of titles of the Wii's Wii Shop channel via Wii U in Wii Mode?

ive been told thats how one can buy the WiiWare games, but wonder if that applies to VC stuff too...as some SNES games in particular i dont beleive are on Wii U E-shop yet but exist on Wii via Wii Shop Channel

if not ill have to do a system transfer which will be a pain in the butt as the Wii i have isnt actually mine but a friends...and id need his permission to do a Reformat so that it wouldnt copy over his profile/etc (provided it even does profile copying)
PSN ID: Lavos2009
Normal Friend Safari (Lillipup/Loudred/Eevee) - 3DS FC: 1762 4094 2711

User Info: burningxbridges

burningxbridges
2 years ago#2
Yes, it is.
Also system transfer isn't very difficult, and only transfers games if I remember correctly.

User Info: Dannyson97

Dannyson97
2 years ago#3
burningxbridges posted...
Yes, it is.
Also system transfer isn't very difficult, and only transfers games if I remember correctly.

Actually it transfers all channels, and game save data.
I'm a Christian and proud!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! http://gifstumblr.com/images/its-morphin-time_1472.gif

lavos24551h
2 years ago#4
im more concerned if it transfers profile data..since the Wii is setup wiht my friends credentials/etc

mostly the reason i hope to avoid a transfer if i can...but if i cant buy stuff like Secret of Mana, Darius Twin and some of the other real gems of the SNES era id have to buy them on Wii then do a Transfer...but that may be problematic

i guess what i really want to ask is: if the Wii was registered under my friends name/email/Date of Birth/etc...if i did a transfer would my WiiU reflect that information?

User Info: burningxbridges

burningxbridges
2 years ago#5
The Wii menu acts exactly like a Wii. You can buy anything you can buy on a Wii.

As for what is/is not transferred:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1125/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDA0OTQ5NDc5L3NpZC9DdVJXa1VZbA%3D%3D

lavos24551h
2 years ago#6
yeah i found that link

but i guess the only question that leaves is what it counts as "wii shop channel account activity"

since i seem to recall one NEEDS an account to use Wii Shop...so if that is the case itd be my friends account...and thats what i wish to AVOID copying over

if that wont pose a problem then i can do a transfer

also id save a bit of money if i could just do a transfer...as the one WiiWare game i planned to get i DID buy on my friends Wii and got a couple of the DLC items so thatd save me around ~20 bucks worth of Wii Points..provided it either transfers the WiiWare game or at least lets me re-download it for free

lavos24551h
2 years ago#7
slight bump

User Info: Toozin

Toozin
2 years ago#8
Your friend should be aware that if you system transfer his Wii onto your Wii U, he loses everything from his Wii.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. so jsut want to know (will have WiiU in a few days)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived