I just realized how much technical depth Super Mario Sunshine has

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 7/9/2014 6:27:43 PM
There's a supprising amount of mechanical depth in Super Mario Sunshine. For example, you can spray the ground, dive, then do an endless water slide, which is perfect for fast travel, you can also cancel your spraying by clicking the R trigger and pressing A when your in the air. You can do a spin jump, then go straight into a summersault jump, you can even spin when your in the air. Has anyone actually tried these moves?
#2Wii_TruthPosted 7/9/2014 6:29:47 PM
Some of them, yes. Mario Sunshine is a joy to play.
---
Fatty made a funny!
#3EasterEggHunterPosted 7/9/2014 6:31:33 PM
Their great for speed running
---
Does evil exist and if so can one detect and measure it?
#4NCPwnPosted 7/9/2014 6:36:17 PM
And yet they failed so hard with the controls. Even more so than Skyward Sword motion controls. Yikes
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#5Bantot123Posted 7/9/2014 6:36:36 PM
Spinning while using hover nozzle on the ground is a fun way to clean goop! It's like a top
#6wiiking96Posted 7/9/2014 6:40:32 PM
NCPwn posted...
And yet they failed so hard with the controls. Even more so than Skyward Sword motion controls. Yikes

You must be joking. The game has just fine controls. The game feel is very solid all around.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#7Snow-DustPosted 7/9/2014 6:51:39 PM
Mario games tend to have quite a few depths. Look at the many different types of jumps in 3D world it is not funny at all. too bad they removed the triple jump from 3d world though
#8Sticky_TailsPosted 7/9/2014 6:53:58 PM
Snow-Dust posted...
Mario games tend to have quite a few depths. Look at the many different types of jumps in 3D world it is not funny at all. too bad they removed the triple jump from 3d world though

As stylish as triple jumping is its generally pretty useless compared to other jumping maneuvers. I'm not saying they were justified in removing it but it certainly didn't hurt the game any.
#9Granadico_Posted 7/9/2014 7:00:13 PM
As a kid when it came out i used to love to just jump around randomly in the save select area. It was fun yet i was never good enough to do the stuff i imagined D;
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#10Snow-DustPosted 7/9/2014 7:23:36 PM
Sticky_Tails posted...
Snow-Dust posted...

As stylish as triple jumping is its generally pretty useless compared to other jumping maneuvers. I'm not saying they were justified in removing it but it certainly didn't hurt the game any.

Triple jump however is more useful than some of the other jumps in 3d world like
The spin jump by rotating your analog stick enough to make mario spin
The long crouch jump that has mario doing a 360 twirl on the way (similar to the long crouch jump)
The back jump is a pain sometime where if you tilt back quick enough, mario will perform the jump