I just realized how much technical depth Super Mario Sunshine has

#31MithrilMonarchPosted 7/10/2014 2:06:58 AM
Watt64 posted...
MithrilMonarch posted...
Sunshine is definitely the best 3D Mario if you're one of those stupid purists who doesn't count 3D Land and 3D World.

Otherwise, 3D Land and 3D World are above it. Sunshine is a great game, and while it has tons of flaws, it's just so fun to play. I wish it was a tad more difficult though, it felt too easy to me compared to 64 and Galaxy.

I personally find it the hardest out of those three games.

64 is a constant fight with the awful controls and annoying camera, so it's easily the toughest in my opinion. Then Super Mario Galaxy has a handful of Stars that are just a massive pain to get, while the rest are relatively tame.

Super Mario Sunshine's were tame for the most part. Even then, the hardest ones, like the F.L.U.D.D.-less missions, are nothing that will make you tear your hair out. Then every other 'hard' Shine, like the Lilypad and the Pachinko Machine, were nothing more than a little bit tricky.

If we include 3D Land/World, I think 3D Land is the easiest, nothing gave me a hard time, and the controls were so perfect that all deaths were my fault. Then 3D World gets pretty brutal in the post-game.

High <-- Low Difficulty
64 DS <-- 64 <-- Galaxy <-- 3D World <-- Sunshine <-- 3D Land

I have yet to play Galaxy 2, so I can't really give an opinion on it.
---
The terms 'JRPG' and 'WRPG' are stupid.
#32RukumouruPosted 7/10/2014 2:08:32 AM
I agree that Sunshine has truckloads of technical depth. Mario Sunshine is an absolute delight just to control, before you even talk about level design.
#33donkeyjackPosted 7/10/2014 2:12:39 AM
MithrilMonarch posted...
Watt64 posted...
MithrilMonarch posted...
Sunshine is definitely the best 3D Mario if you're one of those stupid purists who doesn't count 3D Land and 3D World.

Otherwise, 3D Land and 3D World are above it. Sunshine is a great game, and while it has tons of flaws, it's just so fun to play. I wish it was a tad more difficult though, it felt too easy to me compared to 64 and Galaxy.

I personally find it the hardest out of those three games.

64 is a constant fight with the awful controls and annoying camera, so it's easily the toughest in my opinion. Then Super Mario Galaxy has a handful of Stars that are just a massive pain to get, while the rest are relatively tame.

Super Mario Sunshine's were tame for the most part. Even then, the hardest ones, like the F.L.U.D.D.-less missions, are nothing that will make you tear your hair out. Then every other 'hard' Shine, like the Lilypad and the Pachinko Machine, were nothing more than a little bit tricky.

If we include 3D Land/World, I think 3D Land is the easiest, nothing gave me a hard time, and the controls were so perfect that all deaths were my fault. Then 3D World gets pretty brutal in the post-game.

High <-- Low Difficulty
64 DS <-- 64 <-- Galaxy <-- 3D World <-- Sunshine <-- 3D Land

I have yet to play Galaxy 2, so I can't really give an opinion on it.

Your sig is stupid
---
http://imgur.com/Hwg6GCx http://imgur.com/Oag0IWV http://imgur.com/Z612GMZ
http://imgur.com/aljoKDS
#34Xenesis XenonPosted 7/10/2014 2:27:25 AM
Rukumouru posted...
I agree that Sunshine has truckloads of technical depth. Mario Sunshine is an absolute delight just to control, before you even talk about level design.

There's something joyous just watersliding and turbo-nozzling throughout most of the worlds!
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#35HermeticJusticePosted 7/10/2014 2:40:41 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Rukumouru posted...

There's something joyous just watersliding and turbo-nozzling throughout most of the worlds!

I'm getting wet just thinking about it
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#36Da DoodPosted 7/10/2014 4:42:29 AM
Yeah, there's a lot of freedom in Sunshine's movement. I love how versatile Mario is as soon as he grabs FLUDD. It's a pity that the game's structure isn't as flexible, though. You're always forced to collect the exact same 49 Shines to beat the game, and half of the Shines involve some sort of coin collection. If you could pick any 60-70 Shines to collect like SM64/Galaxy, it could have been the best 3D Mario.
---
And this time!
#37silenthill4vidPosted 7/10/2014 10:30:16 AM
best atmosphere, best 3d mario for sure.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#38sketchturnerPosted 7/10/2014 10:50:51 AM
Indeed, I find Sunshine to have some of the best controls of any game I've ever played. It's just so satisfying to run around doing acrobatic tricks even if you're not trying to beat the game.
---
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.
#39EndgamePosted 7/10/2014 10:58:21 AM
Has anyone actually tried these moves?

who hasn't? NPCs and signs mention them
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#40pillsburyboy22Posted 7/10/2014 11:01:53 AM
sketchturner posted...
Indeed, I find Sunshine to have some of the best controls of any game I've ever played. It's just so satisfying to run around doing acrobatic tricks even if you're not trying to beat the game.

This is so true. My biggest complaint with the Galaxy games and almost every "3d" Mario game since is how they made the controls way too tight and made Mario move too slow. It's no longer possible to do any of the acrobatics possible in Sunshine. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually prefer SM64 controls to the Galaxy games.