Why is Wii U the worst seller in America but best seller in Japan?

#21STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 3:21:00 AM
@ Who_Dat504

You keep saying "in fact" when claiming PS4 is actually outselling Wii U in japan but here's your facts.
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/07/wii-u-outselling-ps4-japan.html

Japan apparently loves the Wii U but america would rather play generic shoot em up games on their uber powerful PS4. No love for the happy go lucky side of gaming i guess. I bet over there it's not so hip to be a Nintendo hater. Sometimes i wish i lived in Japan. They know how to have fun!
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#22HermeticJusticePosted 7/10/2014 3:22:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#23STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 3:29:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#24HermeticJusticePosted 7/10/2014 3:37:29 AM
STN79 posted...
Good! Enjoy a slow painful agonizing death!

I was talking about the starsign cancer
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#25STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 3:39:29 AM
Say what? So my post gave you crabs?
---
#26TediousMattPosted 7/10/2014 3:51:42 AM(edited)
AstralFrost posted...
Japanese don't like upgrading when the previous console still exists. PS3 still going strong, Wii completely done.

That is probably linked to BC. When my PS1 died did I buy another? No, I bought a PS2. I also bought a PS3 when my PS2 died.
When my PS3 died, did I wait for the PS4? Nope. The thing can't play my 100+ PS3 games, so I need to buy a new PS3 or I'll end up with over a hundred shiny coasters.

I don't need to worry about replacing my Wii if it dies, because my WiiU can play the games.

(edit) TC chill out. Ignore the trolls if they make you mad.
And @ Who_Dat504. Markets are based on totals/ratios, not absolute numbers. WiiU sales might look small in Japan, but the console market is a lot smaller. You are expecting one country to outperform a continent in raw numbers.
Overall, the Japanese market is healthier than the rest of the world because it is a lot more diverse. The average consumer owns systems from more than one company and the top selling software is more diverse.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ddyLVul.png < Does anybody have a link like this for Sega?
#27GoreGamerPosted 7/10/2014 3:47:43 AM
STN79 posted...
Do american gamers not like fun or what? I really don't get why there's such a difference of opinion. Sure Japan is Nintendo's home ground but that can't be the only reason. If the gamepad is such a turn off around here why doesn't Japan see it that way? Maybe the whole hardcore violence and shoot em up Sony games are a bigger deal in the U.S. Can anybody make sense of this?

LOL coming from the land that has Dynasty Warriors hack n slash
#28redeyes6778Posted 7/10/2014 3:58:36 AM
STN79 posted...
Do american gamers not like fun or what? I really don't get why there's such a difference of opinion. Sure Japan is Nintendo's home ground but that can't be the only reason. If the gamepad is such a turn off around here why doesn't Japan see it that way? Maybe the whole hardcore violence and shoot em up Sony games are a bigger deal in the U.S. Can anybody make sense of this?

According to TC you can only have fun with a nintendo console and not with an xbox one or PS4....

Maybe because PS4 and X1 is more fun than wii-u is the reason why wii-u is the worst selling console internationally (not just US), maybe more people in the world prefer playing PS and Xbox exclusives instead of another mario game
#29STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 4:00:31 AM(edited)
Okay so in America the hottest genre's seem to be Shooters usually of the FPS variety and anything with harcore violence and realism. I know Japan likes their RPG's but what else? Is Mario and Zelda bigger over there? If all the best technology comes from Japan you'd think they would be more inclined to go for a PS4 over Wii U. Why is it such a popular trend in the states to put down Nintendo? I wonder if dudebros even exist in Japan. Maybe that's mostly a western thing too.
It's like people around here just hate anything japanese. Just ask Phil fish!
---
#30SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/10/2014 4:03:38 AM
STN79 posted...
Then how come so many gaming sites are saying Wii U is Japan's #1 selling console right now? I've been seeing articles about it all over the internet.

It is the best selling on a week to week basis. RIGHT NOW. It has sold just about 292,000 all year long. That's horrible for a console that's been on the market for about 2 years.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!