Why is Wii U the worst seller in America but best seller in Japan?

#31AvirosbPosted 7/10/2014 4:04:33 AM
STN79 posted...
Say what? So my post gave you crabs?
Nice.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#32RobJ24Posted 7/10/2014 4:21:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#33RobJ24Posted 7/10/2014 4:39:49 AM
STN79 posted...
Okay so in America the hottest genre's seem to be Shooters usually of the FPS variety and anything with harcore violence and realism.

I forgot to respond to this, anyways, yeah, that's why there's been much more crime and shootings since the PS3 and 360 came out.
#34Cyrax2286Posted 7/10/2014 5:20:29 AM
RobJ24 posted...
STN79 posted...
Okay so in America the hottest genre's seem to be Shooters usually of the FPS variety and anything with harcore violence and realism.

I forgot to respond to this, anyways, yeah, that's why there's been much more crime and shootings since the PS3 and 360 came out.
FAIL, no research or study has proven this, Research has proven the complete opposite, video games don't cause violence.
#35yeti44Posted 7/10/2014 5:22:21 AM
Because Japanese gamers actually have taste. Unlike Americans who just want to play generic brown brodude FPS rehash forever and ever.
---
Nintendo stock 12,165. Sony stock 1,765
Nice guys finish last
#36fon1988Posted 7/10/2014 5:39:03 AM
The Playstation and Xbox brand became extremely strong the past generation and that is largely due to the average person becoming a "gamer" or having a game system in their home. We are almost to the point that being a "gamer" is the equivalent of being a movie watcher, everyone is one.
---
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Kirby Triple Deluxe
#37Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/10/2014 6:15:11 AM
It may be a difference in culture.
The Wii U is probably the best system for offline multiplayer. (playing with family or friends)
Same reason the Wii had so many "party" games.
In Japan, it might be more important that a console is "fun for the whole family".
As opposed to the US, where its about resolution and fidelity and grey/brown FPS.
(but don't bring up PC gaming when talking about specs, because that's not fair)

"Graphics" and "Power" may be lower on the priority list, based on your situation, where you live, and how you will be using it.

For example, my brother won't play Halo with me because he hates splitscreen (hates with a passion),
But he will play Nintendo games with me sometimes, games with no splitscreen, like SSBB, or a Wii U game where one person uses the TV and remote, and the other uses the Gamepad.
#38TrueBlue91Posted 7/10/2014 6:15:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39PigfartsPosted 7/10/2014 6:38:27 AM
STN79 posted...
Do american gamers not like fun or what? I really don't get why there's such a difference of opinion. Sure Japan is Nintendo's home ground but that can't be the only reason. If the gamepad is such a turn off around here why doesn't Japan see it that way? Maybe the whole hardcore violence and shoot em up Sony games are a bigger deal in the U.S. Can anybody make sense of this?

best selling in japan is relative. best selling at 9-10K a week is a horrible number.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#40Master AlienPosted 7/10/2014 6:49:07 AM
RobJ24 posted...
STN79 posted...

2nd time this has been posted by this guy...totally disregarding the fact violent crimes, especially amongst young adults/teens, in the US have been on a downward spiral since the times the SNES was reigning supreme (early-mid 90s). So if you'd like to relate two totally unrelated things, when nintendo was #1, violent crimes were at an all time high