Why is Wii U the worst seller in America but best seller in Japan?

#41art_of_the_killPosted 7/10/2014 7:14:56 AM
STN79 posted...
Japan apparently loves the Wii U but america would rather play generic shoot em up games on their uber powerful PS4.

Because the PS4 doesn't have a single game in its library whatsoever that isn't a generic shooter.

Because there isn't a single shooter to be found on the Wii U.
---
Assassin's Creed (yes, the first one) is one of my favorite games from Gen 7.
#42TerotrousPosted 7/10/2014 7:23:05 AM
It's because the Wii U is mostly focused on more Japanese style games while the other consoles are focused on more western-style games. It was that way last gen, too.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#43BaronVladzPosted 7/10/2014 7:24:08 AM
Terotrous posted...
It's because the Wii U is mostly focused on more Japanese style games while the other consoles are focused on more western-style games. It was that way last gen, too.

QFT. Japanese gamers have vastly different tastes in video games than Western gamers. Just check out any Japanese arcade and you'll see
#44bigjclassicPosted 7/10/2014 7:30:14 AM
Bias, marketing and this:

http://insomnia.ac/commentary/the_videogame_news_racket/
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
CP: MK8, FF8, USF4, KZ:SF, Pushmo World, Shovel Knight
#45EndgamePosted 7/10/2014 7:34:03 AM
I'll give you the real answer, addressing why Wii U even had the strong launch that it did in Japan in the first place: Wii U has a Monster Hunter, PS4 does not

Capcom made a Wii U Monster Hunter Tri port and then shut down the MH3 Wii servers, forcing people to make the switch, quite a few people took the bait, leading to some pretty strong Wii U launch sales while Wii U had a lackluster launch in the rest of the world

Japan loves their Monster Hunter (so wait, how's Capcom in financial trouble again? just whore out more MH) and their Dynasty Warriors

lol at the people and the "americans love their generic rehashed FPSes! the japanese actually have taste!" Japan has their own CoDs..... oh, and by the way, CoD has done surprisingly well there considering their distaste for western games

and lol at the notion that the country that made One Piece the best manga selling series of all time has taste

When my PS1 died did I buy another? No, I bought a PS2. I also bought a PS3 when my PS2 died.

lol, your PS1 and PS2 died? my N64 and Gamecube are still going strong

PS3 and PS4 may be superior to their Nintendo counterparts in terms of games, but Sony sure can't build consoles that last, that's for sure (or maybe THAT'S why PS2 sold so well? I know for a fact plenty of them had problems, I've NEVER encountered a perfectly functional original model)
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#46TomorrowDogPosted 7/10/2014 9:15:54 AM
Sometimes i wish i lived in Japan. They know how to have fun!

Japan is an awful place to live lol.
---
Press 'X' to receive your interactive, cinematic experience.
#47PsychoWolfXPosted 7/10/2014 9:18:38 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
STN79 posted...
Do american gamers not like fun or what?

American gamers are ashamed of fun. They'd prefer to mask it under the guise of violence, theft, movie-likeness, graphics, online cliques, etc so they can have fun while making it seem like they're not having fun.

This times a million.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938
- From the desk of Admiral PsychowolfX
#48DarkAdonis123Posted 7/10/2014 9:54:46 AM
Wow, what ignorant comments. Perhaps Americans find other things to be fun than Japan does. You know, cultural differences and all? Like how they find dating sims about dating your little sister fun, but no other place seems to. The Japan worship on this board really cracks me up.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue