Backwards compatibility or Region free system?

#61HighwayPilotPosted 7/12/2014 12:57:41 PM(edited)
I didn't own a Wii and the Wii U's bc was one of the reasons I bought the console. Love to catch up on the Wii classics I never played.

PS4's region free system is great, but I don't import that many games, at least not that early in a console's history.
#62vanguard29Posted 7/12/2014 1:06:02 PM
i own a copy of xenoblade, and dont own a wii... so the answer should be obvious.
---
"If we want to defeat evil, we have to unite against platitudes." - Viridi
#nintendoomination
#63Megamushroom666Posted 7/12/2014 1:09:07 PM
Region free is never gonna happen.
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#64mashuPosted 7/12/2014 1:39:27 PM
Both, as I'd have bought a PS4 by now if it had both, but I'll always go for region-free over BC. I have the previous systems after all, and there are always some games I wish to import.
#65star_guy_100Posted 7/12/2014 1:51:03 PM
i have a wii i dont really need bc

however, based on NoA's history, region free is a must. for the wii 3 games i loved never came to NA, even though 2 were already fully translated to english. then there was 3 other big name games, also fully in english that nintendo had no intention to bring to NA, nintendo eventually decided to localize one but did so only because gamestop got involved in a deal, and the other 2 they allowed someone else to localize them, because they couldnt be bothered.

so ya give me the region free.
#66RobJ24Posted 7/12/2014 2:06:14 PM
Backwards compatibility: It shows how advanced a system can be while being pro consumer at the same time and you can't actually read the text that Japanese games say.
#67kdognumba1Posted 7/12/2014 2:51:41 PM
BC hands down. While being able to play games from any region is very important to me, being able to access all the digital content from older platforms on the newer platforms is a key function that any and all connected devices need these days. It's something that I can do on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android and imo it's a staple that all devices need to have before I even consider them. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer both but I can live without one.

RemixDeluxe posted...
So did everyone's Wii spontaneously combust or something?

No. You need to think to yourself, what happens when they take the servers offline for the older devices and my systems die? This means you lose all of your old games that you purchased digitally. It's Yahoo music all over again. This is why BC is a must now. Maybe it's not for physical games but for digital distribution to survive it is an ABSOLUTE MUST.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#68RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 4:44:38 PM
kdognumba1 posted...
BC hands down. While being able to play games from any region is very important to me, being able to access all the digital content from older platforms on the newer platforms is a key function that any and all connected devices need these days. It's something that I can do on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android and imo it's a staple that all devices need to have before I even consider them. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer both but I can live without one.

RemixDeluxe posted...
So did everyone's Wii spontaneously combust or something?

No. You need to think to yourself, what happens when they take the servers offline for the older devices and my systems die? This means you lose all of your old games that you purchased digitally. It's Yahoo music all over again. This is why BC is a must now. Maybe it's not for physical games but for digital distribution to survive it is an ABSOLUTE MUST.

Well I don't do digital and even if I did Nintendo allows the transfer of content from Wii to Wii U, you did know this right? I don't know where else you were trying to go with that o_0
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog