I'd wish nintendo would take more risk instead of making safe sequels/rehashes

#1hotdogboy96Posted 7/10/2014 10:33:50 PM
we need more games like mario sunshine, LoZ: majora's mask, mario galaxy, metroid prime, etc. games that changed the formula without making them too different that it's unrecognizable. I also like for them to make new IP's splatoon is a good start, but one game is not enough. What do you guys think?
---
hot dogs...... such wow.
#2_Candice_Posted 7/10/2014 10:46:45 PM
We need less Marios and Zeldas in general. We can afford to see more Starfox and Metroid.

I dont want to see another Mario game till 2017 at least.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#3Rasputin77Posted 7/10/2014 11:28:15 PM
I would rather have more safe sequels / rehashes with more alluring, innovative gamepad control schemes, personally.
---
Proof of a soft generation - a stern look on a cartoon face is now a "death stare"...
Irony: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#4EinhanderZer0Posted 7/10/2014 11:31:15 PM
If only most gamers felt that way. I would like to say that majority of people who play Mario, Zelda, and other Nintendo IPs enjoy when "Mario plays like Mario" or "Zelda plays like Zelda". They're comfortable with the safe route because it's what they expect to see. That's just my thought.
---
"She's such a loser! Always ready to cry! Tatatata!"
NNID: EinhanderZer0
#5UponADarkThornePosted 7/11/2014 12:06:24 AM
EinhanderZer0 posted...
If only most gamers felt that way. I would like to say that majority of people who play Mario, Zelda, and other Nintendo IPs enjoy when "Mario plays like Mario" or "Zelda plays like Zelda". They're comfortable with the safe route because it's what they expect to see. That's just my thought.

Of course... I play Mario games because they play like Mario games, Zelda games because they play like Zeldas...

I expect any game part of a franchise I enjoy to play like the franchise I enjoy. That's the point of sequels, after all. If something is going to be different it, it should be a different franchise or a spin-off. I'd even argue that Metroid Prime really wasn't that different from the core Metroid experience; it still played like one to me.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914; NNID: MisterNoOne
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, Sliggoo
#6ThaxagoodnamePosted 7/11/2014 12:22:48 AM
People are too fickle to have opinions such as these. If they're too different from what they're used to, people will complain. If they make safe sequels, people will complain. Either way there will be negativity.
---
#IFightForMyFriends
IGN: Bell FC: 0344-9828-2704
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/11/2014 12:30:23 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
EinhanderZer0 posted...

Of course... I play Mario games because they play like Mario games, Zelda games because they play like Zeldas...

I expect any game part of a franchise I enjoy to play like the franchise I enjoy. That's the point of sequels, after all. If something is going to be different it, it should be a different franchise or a spin-off. I'd even argue that Metroid Prime really wasn't that different from the core Metroid experience; it still played like one to me.

This is something I realized...

Most sequels are designed to appeal to the average users, not to the dedicated fans.
So, the more involved with something you get, the less likely you're going to be to really be satisfied with their new stuff.

So like, Most people have played probably only 1 or 2 zelda games. And so a breakaway from formula isn't so much a breath of fresh air, but a step back away from what people know they want and enjoy, and therefore, a much more likely hit or miss for the average buyer.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#8ExDiosPosted 7/11/2014 12:43:59 AM
I agree TC. Nintendo's games are of the highest quality, I wouldn't mind a new, awesome IP.
#9Megamushroom666Posted 7/11/2014 12:44:47 AM
I agree 100
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#10Eordaz9634Posted 7/11/2014 12:47:36 AM
I'd wish that people would stop posting stupid topics on the Wii U boards.