Splatoon

#1JarickoPosted 7/11/2014 3:02:58 AM
Anyone else see the potential in this title? I know I cannot be the only one. My only disappointment in it is the genre they decided to go with. Its a fantastic concept, it could have easily been a puzzle game with a concept rivaling the creativity of portal. Although I am not necessarily against the genre choice either, it just does not seem like it fully utilizes the concept. Even still I am hoping it does well, although i can see it also flying under the radar of a lot of people which would be a shame.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#2AvirosbPosted 7/11/2014 3:07:07 AM(edited)
I'm not particularly fond of competitive games, but like Mario Kart 8, Splatoon seems like a game where losing doesn't really matter, so we'll see.
I'm still on the fence but I hope it turns out okay.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#3YoshinatorPosted 7/11/2014 3:11:39 AM
I sure don't. It looks like crap.

And I'm still pissed off they spent so much time talking about it and so little on Zelda at E3.
#4Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 3:14:57 AM
Yoshinator posted...

And I'm still pissed off they spent so much time talking about it and so little on Zelda at E3.

That is because they did not have that much to talk about. It was very plain to see, the game is still too early in development, anything they do talk about other then what they did is still likely in too early a stage to say if it will remain. They could promise something massive and then find out a few months from now its impossible to deliver on. So its better to take it slow.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#5Snow-DustPosted 7/11/2014 3:29:20 AM
Avirosb posted...
I'm not particularly fond of competitive games, but like Mario Kart 8, Splatoon seems like a game where losing doesn't really matter, so we'll see.
I'm still on the fence but I hope it turns out okay.

To me, mario kart can be one of the most rage quit worthy games due to being first the whole time until the last lap.

Splatoon looks like it's a game where the team will be angry at each other more than at the opponent
#6Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 3:31:05 AM
It gives me some TF2 vibes too.
---
#7random_man9119Posted 7/11/2014 4:02:47 AM
I think it's perfect for its genre... The way the ink can be utilized for strategy (Getting around the map faster, stealth capabilities, getting to higher areas) are perfect for a competitive shooter
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dungeon Defenders,Rogue Legacy,CivilizationV,Guacamelee!STCE,Retro City Rampage
#8Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 4:06:44 AM
Its not really even shooter truly either though. I mean sure you can shoot other players with ink, and it can help you. But that is not the point. Its to paint the map. Its like super mario sunshine in reverse in a competitive scene in a lot of ways.
---
#9SuperNeonManGuyPosted 7/11/2014 4:14:01 AM
when will people realise that splatoon has it's own board :/
---
NNID: TallPerson
#10RobJ24Posted 7/11/2014 4:20:15 AM
Yoshinator posted...

I read both this post and other posts from you and you seem like one of those whiny elitist "gamers" that just likes to find ways to never be satisfied and whines about video games on message boards. It's obvious that Splatoon was far more into development than Zelda U was, be glad Nintendo showed Zelda U at all, and grow up Yoshinator.