Splatoon

#31PannerPosted 7/11/2014 5:50:05 PM
BladeManEXE posted...
It looks interesting, but the apparent online-only multiplayer is a real deal breaker for me. I just don't care about online play. I'd rather play with my friends in the same room, not require that everybody be in separate houses to play together. Maybe that will change, or the game will have a solid single player mode. But I'm doubtful that scenario will come to pass.

The game is going to have a single player mode but to as what that will be is unknown just yet.
Also it's going to have offline multiplayer too.
How ever you want to play the game, Splatoon will have a mode for you.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
#32R_HunterPosted 7/11/2014 5:52:27 PM
Panner posted...
BladeManEXE posted...
It looks interesting, but the apparent online-only multiplayer is a real deal breaker for me. I just don't care about online play. I'd rather play with my friends in the same room, not require that everybody be in separate houses to play together. Maybe that will change, or the game will have a solid single player mode. But I'm doubtful that scenario will come to pass.

The game is going to have a single player mode but to as what that will be is unknown just yet.

Aye. One of the few things we need to hear more about is the voice chat. If it can be muted, if it will be for everyone, or just your team...
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#33FlyinTonitePosted 7/11/2014 5:58:41 PM
I feel like if they added a bunch of modes and a single player campaign it could be a surprise hit.
---
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.
#34R_HunterPosted 7/11/2014 6:02:25 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
I feel like if they added a bunch of modes and a single player campaign it could be a surprise hit.

Well as posted, they've already mentioned some form of SP and off line Multi, so that's one thing done. As for Multi itself, in addition to the normal "color the most territory", I could see a "King of the Hill" where a certain area of the map has to remain inked until the time ends.

I dunno about kill modes, those seem like they wouldn't mesh well with the game's premise.
---
#35DifferentialEquationPosted 7/11/2014 6:02:55 PM
AceMos posted...
WickedSickJosh posted...
It looks fun, but not $60+ fun.

again i say ppl pay 60 for call of duty every year

why is that worth 60 but not splatoon

Call of Duty actually has lots features that make it worth $60. I don't play it anymore because I got bored of it after a few iterations, but it earns it place as a $60 game.
---
"If the day does not require an AK, it is good." The Great Warrior Poet, Ice Cube
#36AceMosPosted 7/11/2014 6:03:56 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
AceMos posted...
WickedSickJosh posted...
It looks fun, but not $60+ fun.

again i say ppl pay 60 for call of duty every year

why is that worth 60 but not splatoon

Call of Duty actually has lots features that make it worth $60. I don't play it anymore because I got bored of it after a few iterations, but it earns it place as a $60 game.

and splatoon will have lots of features

we saw 1 ****ing map the dev team confirmed it will have a single player campain

more maps ect
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#37FlyinTonitePosted 7/11/2014 6:04:55 PM
R_Hunter posted...
FlyinTonite posted...

Well as posted, they've already mentioned some form of SP and off line Multi, so that's one thing done. As for Multi itself, in addition to the normal "color the most territory", I could see a "King of the Hill" where a certain area of the map has to remain inked until the time ends.

I dunno about kill modes, those seem like they wouldn't mesh well with the game's premise.

Capture the flag could be an excellent mode for splatoon given the gameplay mechanics.
---
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.
#38R_HunterPosted 7/11/2014 6:07:06 PM
Ooh, good idea. Have it get inked, and it goes to your base, now in your color. The enemy team would need to not only charge into your area, but hit the flag.

Now...would that make it go to their side, or would it make it neutral again and go back to it's starting position?
---
#39AceMosPosted 7/11/2014 6:12:07 PM
imagine a king of the hill mode
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#40BladeManEXEPosted 7/11/2014 6:22:18 PM
Panner posted...
BladeManEXE posted...

Well, that's good to hear. My interest in this game just went up.