What Nintendo console to get?

#11NejiHyuga900Posted 7/11/2014 3:25:47 PM(edited)
GameCube (w/ Game Boy Player) + Wii U (that's my combo!), which renders the original Wii to be useless.

If you can only get one, well, get one of the two (or a Wii w/ GameCube compatibility).
---
Xbox/Windows Gamertag & NNID: TDPNeji | Steam ID & PSN: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#12SuigintouEVPosted 7/11/2014 3:28:22 PM
The Wii U can play all Wii games.

Which just leaves the gamecube library. Well Tales of Symphonia has already gotten an HD remake on PS3, and Wind Waker has gotten an HD remake on Wii U. That does still leave stuff like Thousand Year Door, Baten Kaitos, Skies of Arcadia Legends, and Viewtiful Joe, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of either HD remakes or Virtual Console Wii U releases (which should absolutely be possible on Wii U, as it has all the hardware to play a gamecube game minus the disc drive).
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#13NikraPosted 7/11/2014 3:39:07 PM
Wii U is bc with Wii, Wii (older versions) is bc with Gamecube; So forget the Gamecube: Waste of Money.
#14NintendoLover25Posted 7/11/2014 3:48:21 PM
Get a Wii, so you can catch up on both GC and Wii titles. That will keep you busy till the Wii U completes it's life cycle and you can get it then. Being behind a gen actually sounds really awesome, you never have to wait for anything. If I wasn't trying to support Nintendo by buying new every chance I get, I'd want to do that myself.

The only thing to consider is if you want online, the Wii no longer has online services, so if you want that get the Wii U.
#15_Five_Posted 7/12/2014 10:36:01 PM
Buy a GameCube with a Game Boy Player.

When you are ready to buy another system, buy a Wii U. It plays original Wii games.
---
Four TV's, four GameCube's, and four Game Boy Player's linked together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67OTLNWZKwo
#16ArabrockermanXPosted 7/12/2014 10:38:20 PM
I think the Wii U, it'll cover Wii and Wii U games(and Zelda Wii U looks to be the best in the series).

Gamecube can easily be played via emulator :x
#17NovaLevossidaPosted 7/12/2014 10:38:28 PM
FayeLady posted...
The Wii Is the best value of the 3 from a games:money ratio

The GC has less than half game compatibility as the wii will really only be good for the GB player.
The Wii U is still much more costly for what it offers over the Wii and the few games you get access to will not really make up for GC compatibility.

^ This.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#18ssjlinkxPosted 7/12/2014 10:40:40 PM
NintendoLover25 posted...
Get a Wii, so you can catch up on both GC and Wii titles. That will keep you busy till the Wii U completes it's life cycle and you can get it then. Being behind a gen actually sounds really awesome, you never have to wait for anything. If I wasn't trying to support Nintendo by buying new every chance I get, I'd want to do that myself.

The only thing to consider is if you want online, the Wii no longer has online services, so if you want that get the Wii U.

Pretty much this
---
My game collection: http://full.sc/1bAk0z7 NNID: jargus0
My gaming videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/jargus0