So just need some clarification on Wii mode&saving(also in regards to eshop)

#1RoboPPosted 7/11/2014 6:25:35 AM
So here is the deal.
Got a few Wii games, got a 32GB SD card.
I've played a few, do I need to have the SD card in an adapter when saving games or just have it in the SD card slot?
It's just a slight bit confusing and thus I am curious to know how this works.
So I can check if games save fine or not.
Because I would hate to play House of the Dead 2&3 collection for 2-3 hours and then go back to it later to find, haven't saved anything or I'm back to where I was before.

The other secondary question is, are there any good eshop games that are worth grabbing off the Wii eshop before it eventually closes?

I suppose I just want to know, since I'm still getting used to some of it's functions that I haven't used as much.
#2burningxbridgesPosted 7/11/2014 7:42:33 AM
Works exactly the Wii, you can save to the system or an SD card. You can even go into data management and see the save file, move it around, duplicate, what have you.

I imagine the Wii shop will be open for the foreseeable future, but when it does close, it will be because the games can be found on the Wii U eShop, so I wouldn't worry.
#3RoboP(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 9:39:28 PM
Huh, if that is the case, maybe I just don't quite know where to find the data management option.
Because when I clicked on the SD card icon to look at it, no saves in there heh.
#4n00bsaib0tPosted 7/11/2014 9:41:15 PM
It saves to the Wii (or WiiU). It's literally just like the original Wii. You don't click the SD card, you click data management in the bottom left corner.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#5CubeTVPosted 7/11/2014 9:57:15 PM
burningxbridges posted...
but when it does close, it will be because the games can be found on the Wii U eShop, so I wouldn't worry.

You can still get games off the DSi Shop when almost everything on it is on the 3DS eshop (wish the Wii U was like that), so I don't think it will close for a very long time.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii