Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

#141baboon8Posted 7/11/2014 4:19:03 PM
Eordaz9634 posted...
I guess the Sony fanboys like the Wii U since they come here to the Wii U board.

Many of us (doesnt matter what console you own) view the popular board topic lists.....that's why.
#142Lefty128kPosted 7/11/2014 4:33:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Lefty128k posted...

Yeah, they want Nintendo to die so they have one less console to sell games on.

Because less consoles to sell games on means less profit and they would love to have less profit.

Right?

Actually it would be the reverse it would probably equate out to more profit in their eyes.
The reasoning would be this if Nintendo drops out they only have to develop for 2 systems (which are basically identical for the most part) so lower development cost, and most people will own one system so they figure 99% of the people would just migrate to one of the other platforms.

And the simple counter argument is that if all three consoles did well, they would have thrice the audience to sell games.
#143SirkPosted 7/11/2014 4:44:25 PM
Refraining from making games on a console that is not seen as monetarily worthwhile is not bias. If Nintendo had as good a console as any other, there was as much money to be made by porting a game to that console as with Sony and Microsoft, and there were no legal considerations keeping a company from making games with them, then that company would probably be biased against Nintendo if it still refused to make a game for them.

On the other hand, it is pretty hard to seriously deny that Gamefaqs leans in favor of Nintendo. A look at the polls will show that votes in favor of Nintendo are disproportionately higher than they should be. Even in cases where most unbiased people would say that Nintendo should come out on top (In a poll of, say, E3 performance), the number is still much higher than it should be.
---
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
#144Baha05Posted 7/11/2014 4:49:01 PM
Sirk posted...
Refraining from making games on a console that is not seen as monetarily worthwhile is not bias. If Nintendo had as good a console as any other, there was as much money to be made by porting a game to that console as with Sony and Microsoft, and there were no legal considerations keeping a company from making games with them, then that company would probably be biased against Nintendo if it still refused to make a game for them.

On the other hand, it is pretty hard to seriously deny that Gamefaqs leans in favor of Nintendo. A look at the polls will show that votes in favor of Nintendo are disproportionately higher than they should be. Even in cases where most unbiased people would say that Nintendo should come out on top (In a poll of, say, E3 performance), the number is still much higher than it should be.

While you have a point for the games that do come there should be no reason why certain titles get released later or certain versions are gimped bellow the 7th gen systems.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#145Hourglass22Posted 7/11/2014 4:51:45 PM
I personally think it is a more anti Japanese mentality more so present in the American media. American press always seem to push American products more.
#146Dreag0nPosted 7/11/2014 4:58:27 PM
The problem isn't with the third party studios or Nintendo. The problem is the nintendo console user. The only games that do well are the casual dance or music games and wii sports clones. Other than that it's Nintendo titles that do well. If even good third party titles sell barely a million on a console that has 100 million units sold it simply isn't a good investment. You might as well use the time and money on a game that has a user base that's much larger and probably buys more of your game.

The Wii U has much lower sales numbers so the amount of people buying a third party game would go into the tens of thousands. That's simply not enough to break even.
---
3DSFC: 4742-6016-1171
Safari type: Ghost (Spiritomb, Phantump, Lampent)
#147Eordaz9634Posted 7/11/2014 4:59:23 PM
baboon8 posted...
Eordaz9634 posted...
I guess the Sony fanboys like the Wii U since they come here to the Wii U board.

Many of us (doesnt matter what console you own) view the popular board topic lists.....that's why.

I don't understand this though? Why do they come here? Is it because they are bored with their console now? I don't get it.
#148Baha05Posted 7/11/2014 4:59:46 PM
Dreag0n posted...
The problem isn't with the third party studios or Nintendo. The problem is the nintendo console user. The only games that do well are the casual dance or music games and wii sports clones. Other than that it's Nintendo titles that do well. If even good third party titles sell barely a million on a console that has 100 million units sold it simply isn't a good investment. You might as well use the time and money on a game that has a user base that's much larger and probably buys more of your game.

The Wii U has much lower sales numbers so the amount of people buying a third party game would go into the tens of thousands. That's simply not enough to break even.

The problem is that you need proof of this to show the breakdown. Sales alone does not help when you consider the different versions of multiplatform titles, releases, etc.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#149frag_baitPosted 7/11/2014 5:04:23 PM
No, but I think there's a conspiracy to pack the GF front page with repeat SSB/Pokemon topics. Every.single.time there's even a rumor of a new palette swap posters appear out of the woodwork to add their two cents. I think Nintendo is paying people to post in SSB threads.
---
I am a well-known troll. Please don't fall for my shenanigans.
#150DroneHunterPosted 7/11/2014 5:05:03 PM
baboon8 posted...
Eordaz9634 posted...

And then proceed to troll the boards that aren't sony?
---
About TrueBlue: "Vegeta, what's his sodium level?"
"It's- over NINE THOUSAND!!!!"