Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

#151baboon8Posted 7/11/2014 5:08:55 PM
Eordaz9634 posted...
baboon8 posted...
Eordaz9634 posted...
I guess the Sony fanboys like the Wii U since they come here to the Wii U board.

Many of us (doesnt matter what console you own) view the popular board topic lists.....that's why.

I don't understand this though? Why do they come here? Is it because they are bored with their console now? I don't get it.

Well I cant answer why ps4 "fanboys" come here, last sony product I bought was a ps2. I just came to this topic because I thought it sounded like an interesting discussion.......
#152SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/11/2014 5:16:41 PM
Lefty128k posted...
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Lefty128k posted...

Yeah, they want Nintendo to die so they have one less console to sell games on.

Because less consoles to sell games on means less profit and they would love to have less profit.

Right?

Actually it would be the reverse it would probably equate out to more profit in their eyes.
The reasoning would be this if Nintendo drops out they only have to develop for 2 systems (which are basically identical for the most part) so lower development cost, and most people will own one system so they figure 99% of the people would just migrate to one of the other platforms.

And the simple counter argument is that if all three consoles did well, they would have thrice the audience to sell games.

not really as most the audiences overlap. Lets face it majority of the people that own the Wii U either own or will own a PS4/xbone/PC to play the games on. Those 3 basically share almost the same exact architecture so porting should be simple (unless your ubisoft, but hell they can mess even the simplest things up).
Basically if you know 95% of your audience own one of the alternative options to play your games on that are eaasy to port between you won't bother with the harder one. This is what the Wii U is stuck in.
Basically Nintendo like most people didn't expect both Sony, and MS to swap to x86(as MS just swapped to PPC prior). I also find it funny both of them would do the same exact change at the same exact time.
#153Eordaz9634Posted 7/11/2014 5:18:20 PM
baboon8 posted...
Eordaz9634 posted...
baboon8 posted...
Eordaz9634 posted...
I guess the Sony fanboys like the Wii U since they come here to the Wii U board.

Many of us (doesnt matter what console you own) view the popular board topic lists.....that's why.

I don't understand this though? Why do they come here? Is it because they are bored with their console now? I don't get it.

Well I cant answer why ps4 "fanboys" come here, last sony product I bought was a ps2. I just came to this topic because I thought it sounded like an interesting discussion.......

Oh OK I was just curious. I have been already been called a drone here a few times by these Sony fanboys and the troll topics they make just was wondering why they do this.
#154AceMosPosted 7/11/2014 5:23:16 PM
the big problem here is

if the ps4 version was not ready every version would be delayed

if the xbox one version was not ready every version would be delayed

if the pc version again same thing

it is only nintendo that 3rd parties do this with

and the big issue was project cars IT WAS CROWD FUNDED the wii u version was the first console version anounced

ppl still blame nintendo for being draconian back in the nes and early snes days saying they deserve this

NO

sony and MS are far more draconian than nintendo ever was flat out forcing devs to put achivements and trophies in games

refusing to allow multiplats to be late on there consoles unless they get exlusive content

and many other things

and this entire thing is why i have grown to hate 3rd parties they blame nintendo for there own fualts

this game sold bad on nintendo so its there fualt

no it is the 3rd parties fualt for releasing a gimped port on nintendo and selling it at full price when it is bargain bin price on other devices

it is not nintendos job to cater to 3rd parties

it is the 3rd parties job to make sure there product is worth it to the consumer
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#155baboon8Posted 7/11/2014 5:27:13 PM
DroneHunter posted...
baboon8 posted...
Eordaz9634 posted...

And then proceed to troll the boards that aren't sony?

Troll? What are you talking about? Were just discussing if there is a bias towards Nintendo or not. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe it seemed like I was dissing Nintendo, but that wasn't my intention. I'm genuinely interested in all consoles.
#156SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/11/2014 5:27:20 PM
KungFuPhil posted...
iKhanic posted...
Namco-Bandai, a company that has clearly been on good terms with Nintendo, has opted to delay Project Cars on Wii U. This is proof that companies aren't spiting Nintendo because of some ludicrous bias, but because of a clear financial disincentive.

Or, y'know, maybe there was a technical reason for the delay?

But I guess that's totally out of the question.

A technical reason is still proof that it isn't a conspiracy/bias against Nintendo. Or did you not get the point of this topic. It's more proof that Nintendo didn't make a desirable console, but the fanboys will still blame everyone but Nintendo.

I wonder how many people are going to post that Nintendo should remove Namco from Smash Bros. development? Lol.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#157DroneHunterPosted 7/11/2014 5:32:28 PM
baboon8 posted...
DroneHunter posted...
baboon8 posted...
Eordaz9634 posted...

Troll? What are you talking about? Were just discussing if there is a bias towards Nintendo or not. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe it seemed like I was dissing Nintendo, but that wasn't my intention. I'm genuinely interested in all consoles.

Nah it wasn't towards you i'm just suggesting if sony fanboys that troll other console boards look at the popular topic list, isnt that what they would most likely do?
---
About TrueBlue: "Vegeta, what's his sodium level?"
"It's- over NINE THOUSAND!!!!"
#158baboon8Posted 7/11/2014 5:37:54 PM
DroneHunter posted...
baboon8 posted...
DroneHunter posted...
baboon8 posted...
Eordaz9634 posted...

Nah it wasn't towards you i'm just suggesting if sony fanboys that troll other console boards look at the popular topic list, isnt that what they would most likely do?

ah, I see...and agree.
#159Eordaz9634Posted 7/11/2014 5:45:50 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
KungFuPhil posted...
iKhanic posted...
Namco-Bandai, a company that has clearly been on good terms with Nintendo, has opted to delay Project Cars on Wii U. This is proof that companies aren't spiting Nintendo because of some ludicrous bias, but because of a clear financial disincentive.

Or, y'know, maybe there was a technical reason for the delay?

But I guess that's totally out of the question.

A technical reason is still proof that it isn't a conspiracy/bias against Nintendo. Or did you not get the point of this topic. It's more proof that Nintendo didn't make a desirable console, but the fanboys will still blame everyone but Nintendo.

I wonder how many people are going to post that Nintendo should remove Namco from Smash Bros. development? Lol.

Like I said on my other post. Nintendo and it's console are the punching bag of the gaming industry. When either Sony or MS screw up they get the free pass no matter how bad it is.
#160Baha05Posted 7/11/2014 5:49:28 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

Technical issues exists, however if it's a technical reason a developer should not only state that but work on releasing it at the same time as the other versions then.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS